JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
looks to me like the old high standard sentinel
Kind of. But the Sentinel at the time was praised for it's innovation and design - however that was 1955.

IMG_2575.JPG

Their foray into pcc carbines has shown that they can't figure out how to make a blowback 9mm work.

I'm more and more seeing Henry as overpriced repro's of century old designs. Whenever they do something new (like the pcc) it goes to hell. The only revolver of theirs I'd have confidence in is one where the design was straight jacked from a known good design.

Anything of their own making is suspect.
I have been waiting for my favorite place to get one of their PCC's. Are they having some kind of problems with them? If so I will have to think a while before buying one.

I have been waiting for my favorite place to get one of their PCC's. Are they having some kind of problems with them? If so I will have to think a while before buying one.
Seems like they could be, maybe.

(And part of my design gripe with them is the fact that they tried to design their own mag in the first place. The mag is a central part of the weapon system - their whole pcc should have been designed from the ground up with Glock mags in mind, not as an adapter imo. They started walking down Compromise Street and it may turn out to be a rough stretch)

Last Edited:

(And part of my design gripe with them is the fact that they tried to design their own mag in the first place. The mag is a central part of the weapon system - their whole pcc should have been designed from the ground up with Glock mags in mind, not as an adapter imo. They started walking down Compromise Street and it may turn out to be a rough stretch)
I wouldn't want to be a designer trying to make this crowd happy, sheesh !

You can't deliver a new carbine design based on someone else's magazine design. A mom and pop might do something like that, but not a major manufacturer.
That's the reason for the proprietary magazines.
The ability to pivot and use other mags is absolutely brilliant.

So far that is the first time I have seen one fail like that. I will be interested to see how it comes out after he gets it back from them. If I buy one it will be the Glock version since I have a lifetime supply of Glock OEM mags and we are limited to 10 round here now if I go with something new. Unless I start to see more examples like this one still just waiting for my favorite place to get (a Glock) one in stock to sell. So far they still seem to sell faster than they can crank them out which is a good sign.

I wouldn't want to be a designer trying to make this crowd happy, sheesh !

You can't deliver a new carbine design based on someone else's magazine design. A mom and pop might do something like that, but not a major manufacturer.
That's the reason for the proprietary magazines.
The ability to pivot and use other mags is absolutely brilliant.
A LOT of people just hate PCC's and will find any reason to tell anyone they do. Certainly nothing wrong with that the PCC is FAR from something for everyone. I have been a HUGE fanboy of them for many decades now. All of mine are Glock mag using. I long ago started to only go for ones that take Glock as I don't want to have to buy a bunch of mags. Now that this state has joined the woke states banning mags its even more of a selling point for me. I still really like the look of these and they are so far selling faster than Henry can make them. So unless I start to see more like this one example I will be saying yet to one as soon as my guys get them in stock.

Just picked up a 686 plus 6" from Gun broker, $789 with wood grips.
Not being a wheel gun guy I had not paid attention in a while. This made me look and there seems to be a LOT of nice 686's for what this new Henry said its going to MSRP. So unless these things shake out to be a lot less I find it hard to believe this one is going to go flying off the shelves.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top