JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
.357 Mag - MSRP is $928.

I own one Henry rifle, and generally respect the company, but I have no comment about this.

henry-big-boy-revolver.jpg

4" fixed sight 357, for $900+? Nope. Not seeing anything special
about it---and there several better choices out there for that kind
of money.

It looks like it was lubed with Bud Light. It's not passable and at that price you'd have to keep your pimp hand strong. Hell to the No. I'd rather have a Chiappa and even that choice requires a stack of money and double cataracts.
It steals from Colts turn of the century designs… lightning, officers 38
It steals from Hi-Standards stepped barrel
It steals from Charter Arms yolk and cylinder release
It steals from S&Ws MSRP
It steals everything but my heart.

Last Edited:
That step in the barrel is reminiscent of the New England Firearms R73.

My question would be this. They can't turn enough rifles out of their factories as it is to supply demand at stocking dealers, how are they going to do it with a new revolver product?

The brass is pretty but personally, I don't want any on a modern revolver.

Given the realities of labor and materials these days, the price point is probably not out of line with what it costs to make and distribute it. BUT: At that price, I'm interested in other things, new and used. And the conversation comes back around to that step in the barrel, which I do not like. I can get the NEF R73 for $250 on GB.

Their foray into pcc carbines has shown that they can't figure out how to make a blowback 9mm work.

I'm more and more seeing Henry as overpriced repro's of century old designs. Whenever they do something new (like the pcc) it goes to hell. The only revolver of theirs I'd have confidence in is one where the design was straight jacked from a known good design.

Anything of their own making is suspect.

I'm more and more seeing Henry as overpriced repro's of century old designs.
Henry is really not trying to imitate or replicate anything historical (other than the 'Original' 1860 model). Their rifles are essentially a modern Renaissance so to speak, and a variation of a classic design.

Whether intentionally or by accident Henry found a unique market for their products. I don't know how to specifically describe the demographic but 'neophyte' would be a good description. A lot of them are 'causal' gun owners, entry level and some returning to an interest in firearms after a long hiatus - but have little to no interest in 'modern' firearms.

Given this I suspect a large part of their market will dive on these out of nothing more than dedication to the name Henry and nothing else.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top