JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hey, I bought several slides recently and need help to identify the manufacturer on this 1911 .45 Govt.
Both slides pictured have the same "S" stamped on the outer firing pin housing.
The blued slide has a Bomar Tuner top rail, slide is marked: Ithaca Gun Co. NY. It is included here just for show and tell.

Thanks for any help to identify the SS slides. The shorter slide is about 3/4" Shorter than my lightweight Colt Officers model. The breech block fits a 9mm, not .380.

6C4A2EAC-32F2-42FF-81E2-59DDC1222E48.jpeg 72895C39-B3A2-4AA1-B1C0-5DA88BFD4A53.jpeg 890D306C-2DAB-4F9D-95ED-EFD556D1548F.jpeg

Starting in the early 80s there were a LOT of aftermarket slides available. And quite a few people machining older slides, cutting them down, etc. The Ithaca slides were pretty readily available on the surplus market. I'm guessing someone cut the short one down from a full size as a homebrew project. The full size SS slide could be a lot of different manufacturers.

Any other markings on the other side?
Might be earlier Caspians, but they usually cut their serrations like Colt, these are more like Springfield, so no idea! Lots of different options through the years for "Bald" generic slides through SARCO, and that's my guess here!

Starting in the early 80s there were a LOT of aftermarket slides available. And quite a few people machining older slides, cutting them down, etc. The Ithaca slides were pretty readily available on the surplus market. I'm guessing someone cut the short one down from a full size as a homebrew project. The full size SS slide could be a lot of different manufacturers.
That's what came to mind.... generic slide. There are no other markings whatsoever on either of these slides.... except the dragon tattoo ! ? The A1 machining has a few issues, I will build it when I find a frame.... or wait 14 weeks for back orders.
Thanks to both members who responded with your wit and wisdom. Ungulate

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads