JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Just dropped in to ask you for a new thread when you find your friend so I could avoid this thread (holiday blues) but saw the great News!!!!

Maybe a mod could add (Found) to the title as I know lots of people will check this even years down the road - dog people are good people.

This is how they learn.
It took two or three times being trapped.
But now my GSD treats the little used bathroom in the guest wing like a Bear trap!

If the door is not completely closed until it latches. He can push it open. Then it will swing shut behind him when he goes in to have a sniff around. Trapping him in for hours until we get home.

It's one room he doesn't follow me into now. ;)

My wife's TLRLC (tiny little rarely like creature) follows me wherever I go while she is at work and if I don't see him in the house I know he is still in the room in just came out of.... we close all doors to conserve heat.

My wife's TLRLC (tiny little rarely like creature) follows me wherever I go while she is at work and if I don't see him in the house I know he is still in the room in just came out of.... we close all doors to conserve heat.

If my two little dogs aren't in the same room then It's like having 2 three year old human kids, cuz without line of site they alway find some way to get into trouble...

Do you think she was stolen or is lost ? If stolen contact the local news and tell them, its also very cold outside make sure you tell them that as well . I hate to say it but the media loves this kinda story, Id get out and tell it quickly !!!

( I am happy to edit this post, I failed to read all the posts so happy she was found, I never lost one but had my own anxieties that you lost yours and ina rush to help didnt read. sorry about that ! )

Last edited by a moderator:
Were all learning to be good dogs.
DSCN4528.JPG

Last Edited:
Get lever handles on the doors!
My pound mutt learned how to open those real quick.
She open them out and in. Boy she hates being left alone. Guard dogs are much use whem you have to lock them on a kennel while your out.

So happy it turned out with a happy ending

Great news, beautiful GS Her ear should straighten up as she matures, teething seems to affect them. The Outie Navel sounds like it may be a herniated navel
have you had it checked by a vet? If not, please do they can fix it before it may become a problem.
Gabby

I found her tonight, she followed my wife into an outbuilding storage room and she locked her in accidentally. An emotional moment for both man & beast.
2 days without water but she found a box of cake mix to eat. Guess who gets to clean up the storage room tomorrow, not me.

View attachment 268964

So glad you got lucky!
My gal has been an animal cop and crulity investigator and has seen the worst of the worst.....

We are long time shepard owners and will only have that breed. We're so glad your buddy is safe and well loved!

Oh and she has spent the last 12 years as a vet tech (got fed up with her case's not getting more than a slap on the hand) ...... let your vet know ur buddy ate the cake mix, keep an eye on possible blockage because of it.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads