JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Need a little help identifying some 357mag rounds I acquired today. They are 357mag in a federal nickel case. Only thing I found online that looks anything like them are KTW armor piercing rounds. Also anyone know the collectors value on these? Any and all help greatly appreciated!

2012-01-26_17-30-10_730.jpg

Could be lots of things. Are they reloads or factory? They don't have the obvious roll crimp that I see on most factory
ammo. Bullets are available in every color of the rainbow---http://www.ares-gun.sk/?lang=english

back in the 90s the range I frequented sold some rounds that looked similar - they were a polymer tip for use at indoor ranges - not sure that what you have is the same thing as I remember them being a bit darker green but could be...

My guess would be either plastic training ammo or AP.

Pull a bullet and cut one in half. If you can't cut it in half cuz it's harder than your saw, it's AP.

H

The cases have no signs of being reloaded and they do have a nice roll crimp on them. The coating on one is worn through in a spot and appears to be bronze underneath definitely not a plastic buulet. Also has a spot on the tip that appears to be a Steel core. It appears to be Teflon coated.

Well you answered your own question then. These were banned from further retail sale to we the peasants by by a law signed by Ronald Reagan in the 1980s. No idea the value but several bucks per pop at least

Those are the KTW "cop-killer" bullets, funny thing is, they were designed by a cop for use by cops, who was also willing to sell them to everyone else while he was at it. The core of the projectile is brass, and the outside is coated in a layer of teflon to prevent the bullet from damaging the bore of the gun. Hence the term "teflon tipped". Yea, it's retarded, and yes they are collector items, not especially valuable, but are reasonably interesting.

Do they make a Solothurn pistol?

Oops.......gotta go feed the hogs.

Got to love the part where the Pilot jumped out of the plane and left Henry alone with the gal, without parachutes. Reading about the reward she gave him for safely landing the plane makes me smile every time I think about that book.

BTW, the whole scenario that unfolded when everyone got fed up with the ridiculous and punitive regulation was certainly believable. I'm surprised we haven't read of incidents like those in the newspaper.

Yes, Hog Farming could become very popular and useful.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top