JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hi guys so I recently aquired an sks rifle through a trade deal, I plan on getting rid of it. My question is what's it's worth lol?
It's a Chinese norinco sks type 56 paratrooper, numbers all matching and the arsenal stamp is /016\, all of my research indicates this is an early to mid era model and the /016\ indicates it's an actual service rifle for a security force and not a comercial version for export. So after all that I have not being able find a reliable price on these? I don't wanna squeeze every penny out of it, I actually would like to sell it at really good price but also not give it away based on my ignorance haha. Thanks in advance fellas.

image.jpeg

In MY opinion.....(which btw doesnt mean schit) 200-300....that's pre bs. ME PERSONALLY wouldn't pay more than that, but like I said its MY OPINION only.... (unless it's a "special" sks like an "M" or something similar)......just sayn.....

Paratrooper SKS and the Mak-90 are a commercial conversion done in China prior to export for American importers and prior to the ban on Chinese firearms imports in the early 90's. I hear the blade bayonet ones are more popular. Never intended for military issue. They used whatever they had on hand for the conversion, and still bear the original military designations. Most were unissued originally, FWIW.

Paratrooper SKS and the Mak-90 are a commercial conversion done in China prior to export for American importers and prior to the ban on Chinese firearms imports in the early 90's. I hear the blade bayonet ones are more popular. Never intended for military issue. They used whatever they had on hand for the conversion, and still bear the original military designations. Most were unissued originally, FWIW.
The from what I read the specific arsenal stamp were issued to a security force of some kind?

It is a sporterized military rifle (which already has an arsenal stamp)converted in China, though a few may have been done here. Frequently, the front sight isn't straight on them. The barrel was cut down, the front sight replaced, the bayonet shortened or removed completely, the bayonet cut in the forend was lengthened. The arsenal stamp is the same one it was born with. There should be an import mark. CJA is the most common importer. CAI (Century Arms Int'l) is another, and who imported my Norinco. There were more.

Just like the Lee-Enfield Jungle carbine, not military issue. Doesn't make them any less desireable, though. I looked into them when I bought my Norinco in 1990. Cute and handy, liked the stormtrooper look of the Mak, but wanted an original one with the longer barrel, which I then temporarily sporterized with an ATI druganov stock, peep sights, dust cover with scope mount, and a bipod. Any SKS pretty much sells for $250-400 last I checked, because I like to know what my $90 SKS is going for nowadays. My original sized one is incredibly fun to shoot, and ammo is still cheap. Get some stripper clips, and if you like semi auto, you'll be addicted. It is still ridiculously tiny, and it has the lack of recoil to match its tiny size . The LOP of the original stock...lolz.

Seriously, all this can be found with an internet search and like 10 minutes of your time. Even Geico isn't that easy...:rolleyes:

It is a sporterized military rifle (which already has an arsenal stamp)converted in China, though a few may have been done here. Frequently, the front sight isn't straight on them. The barrel was cut down, the front sight replaced, the bayonet shortened or removed completely, the bayonet cut in the forend was lengthened. The arsenal stamp is the same one it was born with. There should be an import mark. CJA is the most common importer. CAI (Century Arms Int'l) is another, and who imported my Norinco. There were more.

Just like the Lee-Enfield Jungle carbine, not military issue. Doesn't make them any less desireable, though. I looked into them when I bought my Norinco in 1990. Cute and handy, liked the stormtrooper look of the Mak, but wanted an original one with the longer barrel, which I then temporarily sporterized with an ATI druganov stock, peep sights, dust cover with scope mount, and a bipod. Any SKS pretty much sells for $250-400 last I checked, because I like to know what my $90 SKS is going for nowadays. My original sized one is incredibly fun to shoot, and ammo is still cheap. Get some stripper clips, and if you like semi auto, you'll be addicted. It is still ridiculously tiny, and it has the lack of recoil to match its tiny size . The LOP of the original stock...lolz.

Seriously, all this can be found with an internet search and like 10 minutes of your time. Even Geico isn't that easy...:rolleyes:
Thanks for all the info, it came with some ak style 20 round mags, they don't have a lug though, I'm assuming they are fixed mags, correct?

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews