JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A good bet for a fixed hunting knife is a simple KaBar USN Mark 1 Deck Knife. A 5 1/8" blade of 1095 Cro-Van steel holds a great edge. The blade profile is that of the hunting knives made in the USA during the late 1920's. For a knife profile that has "gotten the Job done" for over 89 years with no bells or whistles. (They aren't necessary). For about $69.00, It isn't going to break the bank and it will last for the rest of your life.

What more could you need?

KaBar USN Mark 1 Deck Knife.

post-647-1313256160.jpg

KA2221_LS1R.jpg
KA-BAR 2221 USN Mark I Fighting / Utility Knife 5-1/8 inch Plain Blade, Black Kraton G Handles, Kydex Sheath

2225_16-Product-Composite-ImageUSA.png
KA-BAR Knives, Inc. - Knives > All Categories > Mark I - Hardcore Lives. Hardcore Knives.

Thank you.

You'll notice that this knife is straightforward and utilitarian in nature. No frills, all business. You aren't likely securing a beachhead, just sinning and cleaning deer and working around camp.

It "does the job" and admirably. This knife served from WW2 through the Vietnam War and did a darned fine job of it. KaBar does it right, the first time!

You could raffle a personal choice knife from a source like this one.
I've purchased a knife from them, and the selections are great enough to
suit any taste. Raffle off a Gift certificate as mentioned earlier, win win
you get people interested in knives, and they get THEIR choice within the limits
of the certificate. A $150.00 certificate would allow them to buy several lower priced knives or at least one higher end knife, think about it, more choices will attract more buyers of your raffle.
A link to a site like this one would allow them to go and see what is available.
I'm not affiliated with SMKW in any way. just a happy customer. But there are lots of other knife sites for you to choose from, I just used them as an example. Take a look there yourself, so you know what I'm talking about.
Gabby
Knives for Sale at SMKW Home Page | Smoky Mountain Knife Works

The Mark 1 Deck Knife is important because it represents a simple approach. You don't need an overly long blade (4" of cutting edge is long enough). You aren't "securing a beachhead", just skinning a deer, engaging in camping chores and general cutting work. If you are splitting wood, use a hatchet. Use the right tool for the job at hand.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top