JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
A good bet for a fixed hunting knife is a simple KaBar USN Mark 1 Deck Knife. A 5 1/8" blade of 1095 Cro-Van steel holds a great edge. The blade profile is that of the hunting knives made in the USA during the late 1920's. For a knife profile that has "gotten the Job done" for over 89 years with no bells or whistles. (They aren't necessary). For about $69.00, It isn't going to break the bank and it will last for the rest of your life.

What more could you need?

KaBar USN Mark 1 Deck Knife.

post-647-1313256160.jpg

KA2221_LS1R.jpg
KA-BAR 2221 USN Mark I Fighting / Utility Knife 5-1/8 inch Plain Blade, Black Kraton G Handles, Kydex Sheath

2225_16-Product-Composite-ImageUSA.png
KA-BAR Knives, Inc. - Knives > All Categories > Mark I - Hardcore Lives. Hardcore Knives.

Thank you.

You'll notice that this knife is straightforward and utilitarian in nature. No frills, all business. You aren't likely securing a beachhead, just sinning and cleaning deer and working around camp.

It "does the job" and admirably. This knife served from WW2 through the Vietnam War and did a darned fine job of it. KaBar does it right, the first time!

You could raffle a personal choice knife from a source like this one.
I've purchased a knife from them, and the selections are great enough to
suit any taste. Raffle off a Gift certificate as mentioned earlier, win win
you get people interested in knives, and they get THEIR choice within the limits
of the certificate. A $150.00 certificate would allow them to buy several lower priced knives or at least one higher end knife, think about it, more choices will attract more buyers of your raffle.
A link to a site like this one would allow them to go and see what is available.
I'm not affiliated with SMKW in any way. just a happy customer. But there are lots of other knife sites for you to choose from, I just used them as an example. Take a look there yourself, so you know what I'm talking about.
Gabby
Knives for Sale at SMKW Home Page | Smoky Mountain Knife Works

The Mark 1 Deck Knife is important because it represents a simple approach. You don't need an overly long blade (4" of cutting edge is long enough). You aren't "securing a beachhead", just skinning a deer, engaging in camping chores and general cutting work. If you are splitting wood, use a hatchet. Use the right tool for the job at hand.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top