JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
We have seen issues where we could help the community.

We need some way to organize that - whether that is a dedicated thread, something like GoFundMe - or something else.

please put this on the road map.

Thanks,

While I like the idea, we have to decide which group efforts are allowed here on a case-by-case basis in order to (attempt to) protect our members.

I'm a huge fan of personal responsibility. I am also a fan of helping when necessary, people who make a real effort to help themselves. If that means you have to hawk a couple firearms then so be it. Dave Ramsey always says "sell so many belongings that the kids and pets think their next", work your bubblegum off, save at least one tenth of your income, don't buy what you cannot afford, etcetera.

Though I enjoy the neighborly giving that is present here, I cannot support making this site a place where charitable giving is done on a systematic scale. Considering this is a firearms forum and most here own multiple firearms worth close to $500 apiece and often more if you need help, ask but we ought to help ourselves first and foremost.

I say this knowing that I may sound like a pr!ck but in my experience, tough love is the best motivator for changing one's situation.

I'm a huge fan of personal responsibility. I am also a fan of helping when necessary, people who make a real effort to help themselves. If that means you have to hawk a couple firearms then so be it. Dave Ramsey always says "sell so many belongings that the kids and pets think their next", work your bubblegum off, save at least one tenth of your income, don't buy what you cannot afford, etcetera.

Though I enjoy the neighborly giving that is present here, I cannot support making this site a place where charitable giving is done on a systematic scale. Considering this is a firearms forum and most here own multiple firearms worth close to $500 apiece and often more if you need help, ask but we ought to help ourselves first and foremost.

I say this knowing that I may sound like a pr!ck but in my experience, tough love is the best motivator for changing one's situation.

Help those who help themselves...

Upcoming Events

Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR