JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Not sure where to post this so I brought the question here. Is there any way to filter out the dealers from the classified ads? I'd hate to see this site get overrun with dealers posting all their stock and turn it into another craigslist. Maybe I missed it but I didn't see a filter for "by owner only". Not that the dealers will be honest enough to say they're a dealer upfront. 🤷‍♂️

Not sure where to post this so I brought the question here. Is there any way to filter out the dealers from the classified ads? I'd hate to see this site get overrun with dealers posting all their stock and turn it into another craigslist. Maybe I missed it but I didn't see a filter for "by owner only". Not that the dealers will be honest enough to say they're a dealer upfront. 🤷‍♂️
Agreed, its quite annoying to see so many dealers on here. Wish there was a filter feature for that. Smaller dealers I understand but big gunshops that have overhead and you cant haggle with are annoying.

I understand your concern - ArmsList is sort of like that.

But since I've been a member of NWFA (since 2016) I've not run into the problem you're concerned about.

NWFA itself has been around since 2008 or 2009, and it hasn't experienced the "Craig's list" problem.

Also, I've got a lot of good deals from NWFA members who are FFLs, selling their stock or personal firearms.

Most of the FFLs I've seen advertise here are small, one-person shops, most without a separate brick and mortar store front. They live or die by their reputation and the NWFA feedback system usually takes-out the scammers and disreputable members (whether FFL or not) pretty quickly.

Just my opinion.

Take what you like and leave the rest.

Cheers.

Just one other thought - about pricing.

People who advertise here (whether FFL or private party) who over-price their stuff, don't sell their stuff.

I see it all the time. New members post ads for firearms at retail prices.

They don't seem to realize that they are advertising to (probably) the most knowledgable group of people regarding firearms value. So, if a newby posts a stock Glock 19 Gen 5 at $600, any of us interested in that model will go to a brick and mortar FFL, pick it up for around $550 and save the $30 transfer fee.

Or more likely, wait for a knowledgeable firearms owner to post their G19 Gen 5 for $450.

Again, take what you like and leave the rest.

Cheers.

I understand your concern - ArmsList is sort of like that.

But since I've been a member of NWFA (since 2016) I've not run into the problem you're concerned about.

NWFA itself has been around since 2008 or 2009, and it hasn't experienced the "Craig's list" problem.

Also, I've got a lot of good deals from NWFA members who are FFLs, selling their stock or personal firearms.

Most of the FFLs I've seen advertise here are small, one-person shops, most without a separate brick and mortar store front. They live or die by their reputation and the NWFA feedback system usually takes-out the scammers and disreputable members (whether FFL or not) pretty quickly.

Just my opinion.

Take what you like and leave the rest.

Cheers.
You make great points to consider. Maybe I just have an issue with them pretending to be individuals selling things or just not willing to say they're a dealer up front, which makes it seem slightly shady or dishonest. Just my opinion.

Just one other thought - about pricing.

People who advertise here (whether FFL or private party) who over-price their stuff, don't sell their stuff.

I see it all the time. New members post ads for firearms at retail prices.

They don't seem to realize that they are advertising to (probably) the most knowledgable group of people regarding firearms value. So, if a newby posts a stock Glock 19 Gen 5 at $600, any of us interested in that model will go to a brick and mortar FFL, pick it up for around $550 and save the $30 transfer fee.

Or more likely, wait for a knowledgeable firearms owner to post their G19 Gen 5 for $450.

Again, take what you like and leave the rest.

Cheers.
I would agree with you on that too, I often see ridiculous prices on here and just shake my head knowing I can get cheaper elsewhere lol.

You make great points to consider. Maybe I just have an issue with them pretending to be individuals selling things or just not willing to say they're a dealer up front, which makes it seem slightly shady or dishonest. Just my opinion.
Yeah, I do prefer if people disclose their status in their ads.

On that note: there are several people here who post in the "great deals" section ALL THE TIME. Their links are usually to Amazon items (I've seen links to other retail websites) and they are AFFILIATE links, which means that if I click through to Amazon and purchase that product, the person who posted the link here will get a commission. Not only that, that person will get a commission on EVERYTHING I purchase at Amazon during my "visit" to Amazon coming from that affiliate link.

I've checked many of these links and can verify that they ARE affiliate links. BUT I have seen NO ONE disclose that they are affiliate links.

Now, MOST people who post Amazon links (or other links) to products are NOT posting affiliate links. They truly are trying to inform us of a "good deal."

But these people who are always posting "great deal" links - which are affiliate links - and who don't disclose that they are making money on these click-throughs and purchases - those are the folks I've decided I won't do business with at anytime in the future.

Once again, my opinion. Take what you like and leave there rest.

Cheers.

I scope out the classifieds for rifles and handguns often, and I don't recall the ads being littered with dealers. But I am always lookin for the great deal on some old thing, not too much the current stuff, so I could be lookin in all of the wrong places...

On another note, any "dealer" or person conducting a legit firearms business that wants to advertise here is supposed to be a supporting vendor. There's a red "report" tag in the lower left of every post. It can be used if you think a post is in violation of the site rules.

Interesting a new member with a FREE account complaining about filtering out the PAID Supporting Vendors who help keep the lights on here with their financial support, go figure. 👍 🤣 😉

It's my understanding a Supporting Vendor membership isn't cheap depending on which level they wish to contribute. 🤔

Interesting a new member with a FREE account complaining about filtering out the PAID Supporting Vendors who help keep the lights on here with their financial support, go figure. 👍 🤣 😉

It's my understanding a Supporting Vendor membership isn't cheap depending on which level they wish to contribute. 🤔
^ This. This site is run by supporting members and vendors. Vendor memberships start at $1500/yr if I recall.

^ This. This site is run by supporting members and vendors. Vendor memberships start at $1500/yr if I recall.
Thank you for clarification, I knew it was significant. I can't speak for others but I appreciate there are dealers willing to contribute. I'm more than willing to give them my business even if they're a few dollars more then others. Every business I've frequented that is a Supporting Vendor has been more than courteous and professional to myself.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top