JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I too am a lifelong rabid fisherman. I haven't caught many giants though. A couple 7' plus sturgeon in the Columbia and one 52 lb. Chinook in Trask tidewater back in the 70's. I have caught a fair number of Chinook in the 20-35 lb. range, it seems to me like they are getting smaller as the decades pass. I've caught a boatload of steelhead too but no true giants.

On a sidenote I am just as happy fishing " cricks " with an ultralight setup and catching 8" trout. My newest lust is learning to fly fish. I never really wanted to learn until I saw some guys fighting big *** Chinook with a flyrod up in the Kalama.

I was fishing off the hood canal bridge ( just south of Port Gamble ) - I was using a lead squid jig - what I hooked I dont know but it was alive and we never did get it to the surface. I will always wonder what it was but that is the closest I have came to catching something large.

James Ruby

Been a fishing addict ever since hooking a 3 1/2 lb. largemouth in Lake Sammamish. It was in the spring of 1961. Since then, I've fished almost every piece of water I came across, some that I knew held no fish. It is the finest recreation on the planet, bar none!

Biggest I caught was a 48 inch sturgeon about 5 years ago, not big historically but these days a keeper on the Columbia, actually got wore out that day, brought seven 3 footer pluses to the boat and released the under 42s. Coolest thing I ever saw was see a large mouth hit my lure about 5 feet from shore on Lake Amistad near Del Rio, Texas 33 years ago. That turned me in to a bass fisherman when I get a chance. Haven't been able to fish since 08 due a number of reasons. One of these days I'll get the license and get out again.

Brutus Out

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads