JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I too am a lifelong rabid fisherman. I haven't caught many giants though. A couple 7' plus sturgeon in the Columbia and one 52 lb. Chinook in Trask tidewater back in the 70's. I have caught a fair number of Chinook in the 20-35 lb. range, it seems to me like they are getting smaller as the decades pass. I've caught a boatload of steelhead too but no true giants.

On a sidenote I am just as happy fishing " cricks " with an ultralight setup and catching 8" trout. My newest lust is learning to fly fish. I never really wanted to learn until I saw some guys fighting big *** Chinook with a flyrod up in the Kalama.

I was fishing off the hood canal bridge ( just south of Port Gamble ) - I was using a lead squid jig - what I hooked I dont know but it was alive and we never did get it to the surface. I will always wonder what it was but that is the closest I have came to catching something large.

James Ruby

Been a fishing addict ever since hooking a 3 1/2 lb. largemouth in Lake Sammamish. It was in the spring of 1961. Since then, I've fished almost every piece of water I came across, some that I knew held no fish. It is the finest recreation on the planet, bar none!

Biggest I caught was a 48 inch sturgeon about 5 years ago, not big historically but these days a keeper on the Columbia, actually got wore out that day, brought seven 3 footer pluses to the boat and released the under 42s. Coolest thing I ever saw was see a large mouth hit my lure about 5 feet from shore on Lake Amistad near Del Rio, Texas 33 years ago. That turned me in to a bass fisherman when I get a chance. Haven't been able to fish since 08 due a number of reasons. One of these days I'll get the license and get out again.

Brutus Out

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top