JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Moving out of state gives them what they want.
I agree with this in principle. However, my (our) move out of state has long been planned. I'm tired of living with my property taxes being hiked higher and higher every year, having to pay 10% sales tax to shop at local businesses (on top of the runaway inflation), the highest gas tax in the nation, talk by the Dems in the state legislature about the need for a personal income tax, rampant crime, drug use, homelessness, year-round construction on our roads and highways, horrible traffic even in the smaller towns, and more and more laws coming out of Olympia to disarm, discredit, disrespect the middle class each year.

Do you really think we can overcome all this? I could live with the crappy climate if the state (and local governments) were working on the real problems we deal with every day. But they won't, and I can't stay. It's not simply an issue of the gun laws (were it, I could have stayed in SoCal, with the same problems but a far more pleasant climate).

There absolutely is.

Did you ever read Brave New World by Aldous Huxley? Dune (Frank Herbert)? A Scanner Darkly (Philip K. Dick)? A Clockwork Orange (Anthony Burgess)? There are so many more science fiction novels published in the 1940s, '50s, '60s and '70s were the citizens were totally under government control, totally disarmed, yet being provided legalized drugs. Most notable "Soma" in BNW, ""melange" (Spice) in Dune but the themes are all the same. Drug the populace. Keep them happy with a few material possession. They won't know they're under government control.

All these authors were so prescient, so prophetic.

It's happening. Look at most members of our society now: totally happy with the latest I-Phone or Android, a job that pays enough for their daily Starbucks, a big-screen TV with a streaming service in the living room, and overpriced car in the driveway courtesy of easy credit, a good pot store on the counter and time every evening to watch Jersey Shore or the Kardashians or play the newest version of their favorite video game. Most social interaction conducted on social media, not in person. Fewer and fewer people are living in the real world, preferring instead instant gratification (Grubhub, DoorDash) and virtual reality. The only guns these people desire on the ones in their favorite FPS videogame.

Frankly, the more I ponder the vagaries of our government and the state of our culture, the more pessimistic I feel.

We're running out of places to migrate as well.
I can distill it all thusly…. hookers & blow.

"Where you gonna go, where you gonna run, where you gonna hide? Nowhere... 'cause there's no one like you left."

also will the FLLs that love the 2nd and the ""community" boycott sales to military & LE after this? or will the last dollar they can get and sale to a minority of the sales over all be worth more to them than the whole of the firearm "community"?

I agree with this in principle. However, my (our) move out of state has long been planned. I'm tired of living with my property taxes being hiked higher and higher every year, having to pay 10% sales tax to shop at local businesses (on top of the runaway inflation), the highest gas tax in the nation, talk by the Dems in the state legislature about the need for a personal income tax, rampant crime, drug use, homelessness, year-round construction on our roads and highways, horrible traffic even in the smaller towns, and more and more laws coming out of Olympia to disarm, discredit, disrespect the middle class each year.

Do you really think we can overcome all this? I could live with the crappy climate if the state (and local governments) were working on the real problems we deal with every day. But they won't, and I can't stay. It's not simply an issue of the gun laws (were it, I could have stayed in SoCal, with the same problems but a far more pleasant climate).
Don't forget the Interstate bridge toll that's around the corner. There's going to be no one left to restrict and tax when everyone bails.

Until the Conservative Elite spend money like Bloomberg and new town we are all screwed. But Koch brothers and they to worried about taxes and regulations. They don't want the poor and working class armed any more than the left if we are being brutally honest. Hell the left isn't even following Karl Marx as he stated the people should always be armed. Crazy times we live in. Hope Judge in 9th district makes his ruling before Queen Inslee and side show Bob get it

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews