JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Well another place I won't be going to lol, my friend is always bugging me to go to Cali. and visit, and i'm like....... thanks but no thanks man. I have no respect for any state that makes bad laws that can effect me as a citizen. I will go to Utah an other gun friendly states....:s0131:

Just moved to Oregon in April of this year, and yep, need a permit just to acquire any firearm there. 1 permit per handgun (not sure since I've never owned one there), and 1 for any rifle that you want to purchase for up to a year from issue. You go down, sign up and pay. Make sure you have exact change...$19.75 at the time and if you're only carrying a $20 bill, you could have problems. My buddy was with me and knew the clerk or I'd had to have left, found loose change then went back. Then you check with them about a week later and pick up license to acquire. I believe you have like 5 or 7 biz days to pick it up, or they discard it and you start all over again.

As far a concealed carry goes, I don't know a single person that can do that who is not a law enforcement officer.

As far as visiting, it's really not that dangerous as long as you're not where you're not supposed to be. For the beaches, just look around at the other people and if you feel out of place, it's the wrong place. Met an Iowa police officer out there who went fishing in the wrong place, he was ok, but they robbed his rental car. For some reason my people there still have some ancient resentment of the white people taking their land way back when, and this applies even to those who aren't even decedents of those people. Almost everybody there is referred to by race, but as long as you know the difference between racism and prejudice, you'll be fine.

Pretty accurate info here: Hawaii Gun Laws

It has been six years since I was in Maui and I went as the total tourist. On vacation for 2 weeks I cant think of one day spent on the Island that concealed carry would have been an option for me. I spent most days in the ocean and evenings pool side drinking heavily. I wore Board shorts and flip-flops 24/7 (usually damp with sea water) and only put a shirt on when I was feeling crispy or going out to eat. Under these circumstances (Drunk and half Naked) concealed carry would not have been an option.

What is the flashlight to carry?

The Surefire Executive has the 'strike bezel' and fits into a shirt pocket. It's amazingly bright but can get hot and battery life is only about an hour. That's what my girlfriend uses. I use their 6P LED with a strike bezel. The LED is very bright, less than the executive, a bit heavier and lasts 11 hours. Each has a thumb button on the back

sure_e2dl_defender_blk_08.jpg

My aunt lived in Kaneohe for a few years and we visited her there twice, spent most of our time where the tourists don't go. Never had a problem, always treated everyone we met with genuine respect and were rewarded in kind. Made a point to eat local and had some incredible meals, nice folks over there. Never once felt the need to be armed.

So I can't take an asp in checked luggage as it is illegal to carry?

You can't legally take it for a cab ride to your motel.

Automobile carry:
It is unlawful for any person on any public highway to carry on the person, possess, or to carry in a vehicle any loaded or unloaded firearm without a license to carry.

Never once felt the need to be armed.

That's wonderful but I see it as irrelevant. The Constitution of the State of Hawaii says "shall not be infringed" yet they 'infringe' at every turn. Think about this. A resident must purchase a permit before buying any firearm. Once the resident buys that firearm, he/she cannot legally put it into a car and drive home {see above}.

How is this so different from Chicago requiring range training to purchase a gun and then banning ranges?

As someone who was born in Hawaii, and visits the islands 3-4 times annually for over 40 years, I can say that though there may be the occasional incidence of racism (I lived through many a "Kill-haole" day in public school), the likelihood of you running into violence is slim-to-none. If you read though the last set of police statistics and do the math you will see that out of 3800 or so violent offenses (year of 2008 stats) 24% were committed with weapons (blades / guns) and of those only 28% were committed upon strangers (i.e. tourists). So you are looking at just shy of 3 weapons based violent offenses committed upon tourists for the year of 2008. I have taken and recommended hundreds of people to the islands over the years and all had a great, violence free, time. Yes there are areas you should not stray into in the evenings, or in the day for that matter, but for the most part, the locals take care of the tourists, because without them, no jobs, no money, no fun.

I understand allot of good folks feel naked without a weapon. My advice is go have a good time in Hawaii and enjoy yourself, armed or otherwise. Just the opinion of a fellow gun and Hawaii lover.

+1000 I was born and raised in Hawaii also. We own guns to hunt pig but usually juust let the dogs take them down then cut their throat. Volient crime on Maui is almost non existand but for the shooting sorts side of it its not all that bad.

+1000 I was born and raised in Hawaii also. We own guns to hunt pig but usually juust let the dogs take them down then cut their throat. Volient crime on Maui is almost non existand but for the shooting sorts side of it its not all that bad.

I hear no guns in the UK is working great for them as well...instead of getting shot, they're getting stabbed!

But don't worry, knives are the next thing to be banned...I'm sure crime will follow if we outlaw everything that can be used to hurt yourself.

I lived in Hilo for a couple of years in the late '80s while I was stationed on a USCG cutter there. Experienced lots of unpleasantness for not being local. Told to leave bars by other patrons because we were white. Egged while walking down the street in Honolulu. Lots of additional more subtle crap. Doubtful I'll ever go back.

Hawaii is a fascist state. We bought some property a couple years ago on the big island and it is even a ridiculous pain to bring a rifle over to pig hunt. Paperwork, hours of paperwork, prove training, pre apply to bring one. ERRGGGG. So many damn pigs but unable to shoot. Our friends have given up and just use a snare.

Our friends have given up and just use a snare.

That's exactly what they want...they want to create enough hassle, fees, regulation and hoops to jump through for you to give up. This is the exact meaning of infringing on your right to own a firearm. It's sickening when you think about it...there are stories everyday of good people trying to defend themselves- even trying to remain within the letter of the law, but they still manage to fry the gun owner over the subject.

Long Island Man Arrested For Defending Home With AK-47

UNIONDALE, N.Y. (CBS 2) — He was arrested for protecting his property and family.

But it’s how the Long Island man did it that police say crossed the line.

He got an AK-47 assault rifle, pulled the trigger and he ended up in jail, reports CBS 2’s Pablo Guzman.

George Grier said he had to use his rifle on Sunday night to stop what he thought was going to be an invasion of his Uniondale home by a gang he thought might have been the vicious “MS-13.” He said the whole deal happened as he was about to drive his cousin home.

“I went around and went into the house, ran upstairs and told my wife to call the police. I get the gun and I go outside and I come into the doorway and now, by this time, they are in the driveway, back here near the house. I tell them, you know, ‘Can you please leave?’ Grier said.

Grier said the five men dared him to use the gun; and that their shouts brought another larger group of gang members in front of his house.

“He starts threatening my family, my life. ‘Oh you’re dead. I’m gonna kill your family and your babies. You’re dead.’ So when he says that, 20 others guys come rushing around the corner. And so I fired four warning shots into the grass,” Grier said.

Grier was later arrested. John Lewis is Grier’s attorney.

“What he’s initially charged with – A D felony reckless endangerment — requires a depraved indifference to human life, creating a risk that someone’s going to die. Shooting into a lawn doesn’t create a risk of anybody dying,” Lewis said.

Grier said he knew Nassau County Police employ the hi-tech “ShotSpotter” technology in his area and that the shooting would bring police in minutes. Cops told Guzman he was very cooperative.

Grier also said he was afraid the gang outside his house was the dreaded MS-13. And Nassau County Police Lt. Andrew Mulraine, head of the gang unit, said MS-13 has 2,000 members in the county.

“They’re probably the most organized. They almost have a military hierarchy within the gang, so they are the most organized gang we encounter on a daily basis,” Mulraine said.

You may think a person has the right to defend their home. But the law says you can only use physical force to deter physical force. Grier said he never saw anyone pull out a gun, so a court would have to decide on firing the gun.

Police determined Grier had the gun legally. He has no criminal record. And so he was not charged for the weapon.

That ShotSpotter technology pinpoints where a gun has been fired within 35 feet. Police said it also detected two other shootings in nearby Roosevelt that night.

So guy with family fires a few shots in the ground to scare of some thugs...so he is arrested.

:huh:

This is the country we live in now...perps and illegal immigrants get more rights and benefits than your average citizen.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top