JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Has lately anyone received a FedEx package on time? Last 2 months I had 7 packages shipped with FedEx and only one arrived on time. Right now I have a package shipped to me from Brownells with FedEx Overnight delivery that was scheduled for delivery yesterday, but as usual the package is stuck in Indianapolis facility (see pic). I understand that sometime packages might be late, but with FedEx they are almost always late. When I buy online I try avoiding FedEx shipment, but unfortunately many sellers do not disclose what carrier they will use.

20220119_080606.jpg

I have noticed that if Fedex has any reason at all to delay, they will.. a mouse farts in Maine, your package from Cali will be delayed due to weather conditions.

I had a gun ship from Miami Florida on dec 10th it never arrived because the package was on the truck for delivery for 2 weeks, got fed up and had the shipper recall the package back to Miami and they shipped it ups and go to me in 3 days.

I have noticed that if Fedex has any reason at all to delay, they will.. a mouse farts in Maine, your package from Cali will be delayed due to weather conditions.
Currently the wether in Indianapolis is 41 degrees and sunny. FedEx will probably claim that it was too sunny for packages to be loaded on a plane. I am glad I purchased Brownells shipping insurance just in case.

Took them 3 weeks to do the last mile delivery on several packages for my wife and I.

The packages got to the local distro center quickly, then just sat there.

UPS and even the effing Post Orifice were delivering fine.

My wife is getting a palletized item via FexEx freight that was supposed to be delivered today. She got a call that Friday was the earliest they could deliver it. $3k worth of merchandise just sitting around, waiting to get damaged from those careless degenerates.

Few years ago I remember FedEx having a better service than UPS and Postal Service. By lately, they are just not a carrier to trust anymore. I got the package 2 hours ago delivered and left in front of our building even though the package required direct signature and our building lobby has a mail room for packages. Since FedEx has a bad habit of dropping packages at the entrance to our building (3 blocks from homeless camp, so homeless people are always near entrance to our building), I decided to work from home. As soon as I got text message that the package was delivered, I ran down and found it in our mail room. Luckily building manager was in his office, so he took FedEx packages in. We have a sign on our entrance door "Do NOT leave any packages outside", but FedEx deliveries are often dropped outside. 2 months ago my $350 Boyds rifle stock was dropped outside by FedEx and I never found it. Two people from our apartment complex lost their packages the same day. We together wrote a letter and complains to FedEx without any response. From now on, if I want to buy something online and the seller does not disclose what shipping carrier will be used, I will contact their customer service to see if they could ship with UPS or USPS (neither these two are perfect, but currently they are far more reliable than FedEx). If they insist on FedEx, I will avoid making an order. It is good that Amazon does not uses FedEx anymore.

Every four weeks my cancer drugs are delivered via FedEx. The require a direct signature, in two years of living here they've never even so much as knocked. These pills are $832 each (that's over $23k) and they leave them on the front porch. Even had our neighbors bring them one time when they were delivered to the wrong address. If they get stolen or lost the insurance will not pay again. Pretty frustrating.

Every four weeks my cancer drugs are delivered via FedEx. The require a direct signature, in two years of living here they've never even so much as knocked. These pills are $832 each (that's over $23k) and they leave them on the front porch. Even had our neighbors bring them one time when they were delivered to the wrong address. If they get stolen or lost the insurance will not pay again. Pretty frustrating.
Thats pretty much it. FedEx can screw us up and then it is tough to recover your money. They claim they delivered, you claim you never received the item. Boyds issued me full refund for the stock that got lost since I was able to provide them a short segment of our security camera showing that FedEx left packages in front of our building entrance. Imagine how idiotic it is to leave packages outside in a middle of crime-infested area.

Whwwn I lived in Portland (OR) I got a notice from FedUp that my package was delayed. Using the tracking info I saw that it was at their facility out in Troutdale. 2 days later I see its in Hillsboro. I lived in West Beaverton by Nike. Another couple of days I see that it is back in Troutdale! WTF?! So I got into their shipping message system and offered to go and pick it up. No No Can't do that. Raised my voice and got a bit pissed and told them that I was looking at their tracking website abnd could see where it was. I asked them to put a search out for it, and finally it appears on my doorstep. About 3 weeks after it was "shipped". Hence my name for them...FedUp

FedEx sucks, plain and simple. I have had really bad luck with them. Losing packages, late packages galore. I do have to admit I received a package today on time. I was shocked to say the least. I order stuff from grainger for work, they switched from UPS to fedex last year, I actually feel sorry for my salesman. I have given him an earful over and over and over again, worst thing grainger has ever done for their customers. I guess their new slogan can be "For the ones that can wait to get it done".

Can you set up an account with one of their stores, or a UPS store, or mail boxes are us, etc. The store will sign for them, put them in your PO box, and you can pick them up from there?

Not sure if this will actually work for drugs, but might be an option to investigate?

Can you set up an account with one of their stores, or a UPS store, or mail boxes are us, etc. The store will sign for them, put them in your PO box, and you can pick them up from there?

Not sure if this will actually work for drugs, but might be an option to investigate?
Yes, we could do that but my wife is home every day. It's just the fact that they never do what they charge for (get a signature).

I think at some point in a non distant past FedEx upper management decided to make changes "to improve the company performance and earnings", but the results of these changes had an opposite effect. The company profit went down and performance is dismal. I think the major bottleneck for them is hiring contractors and not growing their own workforce. At least for now, the best option is to avoid them when possible.

Has lately anyone received a FedEx package on time? Last 2 months I had 7 packages shipped with FedEx and only one arrived on time. Right now I have a package shipped to me from Brownells with FedEx Overnight delivery that was scheduled for delivery yesterday, but as usual the package is stuck in Indianapolis facility (see pic). I understand that sometime packages might be late, but with FedEx they are almost always late. When I buy online I try avoiding FedEx shipment, but unfortunately many sellers do not disclose what carrier they will use.

View attachment 1111080
Fedex sucks.

Yup, FedEx sucks lately.

Amazon has been horrible too. We have Prime (going to cancel before next cycle) and NOTHING has been "2 day" anymore. Everything has been 5-10 days. Everything I've ordered.
What has really pissed me off, they say something will be delivered by 10p, and I even can track the Amazon driver on the app, and they have failed to deliver twice by 10p. I stay up to get the package, but then they cancel it at 10:01p, and I usually go to bed by 9p.
It's like airlines, they know they are going to cancel on you, but never tell you until way after your patience is gone.

Short answer, no, they've never been on time for me in the last few months.

It's gotten to the point where I expect that they'll be late and it's only a roll of the dice as to how late. Once I got lucky and had something only 1 day late, another time something was 2 weeks late... but of the last 6 items I've received through them, not one instance of something actually being on time. I've begun avoiding businesses that use FedEx as their shipper.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top