JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So after months of tinkering, I found the best load for my Ruger Bisley to be 9.0gr of Unique and a 265gr Keith-style bullet. My last order was 500 and it's time to reorder. Unfortunately, the outfit I previously bought from is closed. Anyone know where to get a 265 grainer in .452"?
I've found some 260gr and 270gr, but no 265--any help would be appreciated.

2506 out.

So after months of tinkering, I found the best load for my Ruger Bisley to be 9.0gr of Unique and a 265gr Keith-style bullet. My last order was 500 and it's time to reorder. Unfortunately, the outfit I previously bought from is closed. Anyone know where to get a 265 grainer in .452"?
I've found some 260gr and 270gr, but no 265--any help would be appreciated.
2506 out.
Have you considered going to either Hi-Tek coated or powder coated bullets?
They cost about the same as traditional lubed bullets, but shoot/load much cleaner, with no smoke, and you won't be handling lead anymore.
Finding 265gr could be a challenge though, here's some 255gr, from a reputable company:
http://missouribullet.com/details.php?prodId=210&category=5&secondary=14&keywords=
:)

Have you considered making your own........as in casting...........that way you can do what you wish an have many choices available..........just a thought

I cast a 260 gr 452 bullet from a Lee mould and powder coat. I will never shoot a lubed bullet again. Powder is reasonable from Powder By The Pound and a pound lasts a long, long time. I shake and bake with black airsoft BBs and bake in a $20 toaster oven.

20160218_145630_zpsbbxpheh3.jpg

I cast a 260 gr 452 bullet from a Lee mould and powder coat. I will never shoot a lubed bullet again. Powder is reasonable from Powder By The Pound and a pound lasts a long, long time. I shake and bake with black airsoft BBs and bake in a $20 toaster oven.
When I switched to coated, I had a 2k lubed loaded and have yet to shoot them.
I don't want to lube up/dirty my guns or deal with the gooey brass anymore :s0138:
:D

When I switched to coated, I had a 2k lubed loaded and have yet to shoot them.
I don't want to lube up/dirty my guns or deal with the gooey brass anymore :s0138:
:D

EDIT: The following suggestion works great with lubed bullets, NOT loaded ammo: 15 minutes in white gas, stir, and rinse with hot water = lube gone. Coat em' & shoot em' :)

I'm an idiot for glossing over the 'loaded' part :D

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

Back Top