JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So after months of tinkering, I found the best load for my Ruger Bisley to be 9.0gr of Unique and a 265gr Keith-style bullet. My last order was 500 and it's time to reorder. Unfortunately, the outfit I previously bought from is closed. Anyone know where to get a 265 grainer in .452"?
I've found some 260gr and 270gr, but no 265--any help would be appreciated.

2506 out.

So after months of tinkering, I found the best load for my Ruger Bisley to be 9.0gr of Unique and a 265gr Keith-style bullet. My last order was 500 and it's time to reorder. Unfortunately, the outfit I previously bought from is closed. Anyone know where to get a 265 grainer in .452"?
I've found some 260gr and 270gr, but no 265--any help would be appreciated.
2506 out.
Have you considered going to either Hi-Tek coated or powder coated bullets?
They cost about the same as traditional lubed bullets, but shoot/load much cleaner, with no smoke, and you won't be handling lead anymore.
Finding 265gr could be a challenge though, here's some 255gr, from a reputable company:
http://missouribullet.com/details.php?prodId=210&category=5&secondary=14&keywords=
:)

Have you considered making your own........as in casting...........that way you can do what you wish an have many choices available..........just a thought

I cast a 260 gr 452 bullet from a Lee mould and powder coat. I will never shoot a lubed bullet again. Powder is reasonable from Powder By The Pound and a pound lasts a long, long time. I shake and bake with black airsoft BBs and bake in a $20 toaster oven.

20160218_145630_zpsbbxpheh3.jpg

I cast a 260 gr 452 bullet from a Lee mould and powder coat. I will never shoot a lubed bullet again. Powder is reasonable from Powder By The Pound and a pound lasts a long, long time. I shake and bake with black airsoft BBs and bake in a $20 toaster oven.
When I switched to coated, I had a 2k lubed loaded and have yet to shoot them.
I don't want to lube up/dirty my guns or deal with the gooey brass anymore :s0138:
:D

When I switched to coated, I had a 2k lubed loaded and have yet to shoot them.
I don't want to lube up/dirty my guns or deal with the gooey brass anymore :s0138:
:D

EDIT: The following suggestion works great with lubed bullets, NOT loaded ammo: 15 minutes in white gas, stir, and rinse with hot water = lube gone. Coat em' & shoot em' :)

I'm an idiot for glossing over the 'loaded' part :D

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews