JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I have several handguns I shoot regularly and what I do is load up 3,000 rounds each [45 acp .40 S@W, 38 special and 9mm] of the calibers I shoot. I use 231 powder at about 90% of modern reloading manual maximum specs and Missouri hard cast lead bullets in all the calibers. The reloading is done on a Dillion 550. I only lube and wipe the crud off the outside of the gun , the crud soils my clothing. I shoot each of the calibers until they run out then change to another hand gun. The handgun I found that will shoot each of the 3,000 rounds with out failure is my Ruger p95 9mm the gun I love to hate . The Dan Wesson PM tends to not extract properly on occaision at the very end of the 3,000 rounds. I re tensioned the extractor and increased its bite on the case rim but I haven't tested it for many rounds. I enjoy 1911s. The 40 S@W XD tactical tends to need the chamber cleaned so the last 250 rounds will not stick in the chamber when feeding or extracting the rounds. The Ruger Security Six revolver cruds up pretty quick and unless somewhat clean revolvers aren't super reliable but surprisingly it is enjoyable. The Ruger 22/45 I don't know the round count but it is lots and last year or so I had to replace a worn extractor with a Volquartson extractor [ it is well used ] it seems to take a licking and keeps on ticking on bulk ammo I do not count the misfires as there sometime lots of cartridges that fail to fire even when rotating the case and seeing if it refires . It also works well when filthy. The 22lr that do not fire i pull down and there is always powder in the case but no primer material in the rim.

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA
Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads