JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Lol. Hi points were just one example. Mac 10 and ingram tec models are other examples of striker fired pistols thats way heavier than needed... just because of straight blowback, not because of striker or hammer. Beretta M9 is a hammer fired gun, so is the Colt 1911A1 series, and then theres the Sig P226, also hammer fired.... really.... all those "points" has no real bearing on the fact that theres little to no real difference in reliability if based only on hammer or striker... there ARE differences if you consider locked breech, straight blowback, delayed blowback, gas operated, recoil operated and so on... whether or not the firing pin is acted by a hammer or a striker (side note; AR15s are internal hammer fired...)
There are polymer framed hammer actions yes, just as there are metal framed striker actions... and then theres straight blowback versus tilting barrel locked breech designs... I daresay that limited to tilted barrel locked breech, and polymer framed... there is no real difference in reliability or ease of learning; both require cocking by pulling slide or in some models, just hammer.... both comes with a wide variety of sights... both have variety of trigger feels.. some feel great like Single Action only (a few 1911 models), some feel crap.. some feel just the same as a Glock....

buy a few of each and shoot which ever one makes your hand happy that day :D
all my hammer fired have threaded barrels so I tend to prefer those since I have mufflers for them;)
I would love to have a threaded barrel for my FNS-9C though...

Man, looks like some dinosaurs just arent willing to go extinct. And HiPoints being brought up? Really grasping at straws.

Why are the vast majority of government contracts going to striker fired guns if they arent everything stated above? There just aren't any viable hammer fired guns worth outfitting an agency with.

Lol. Lots of striker fired pistols are owned, and advocated for, by people who don't know much about much about anything—as repeatedly demonstrated in this thread.

I find it wholly unsurprising that people who are likely non-shooters have agitated that the MHS be striker fired only. Wasn't an issue as recently as the JCP competition that was abandoned. The "agency" drones who write RFPs for striker pistols only are merely the bureaucratic equivalent of the ignoramuses here. Something wasn't broke, yet they seek to fix it. That's the classic hallmark of idiocy.

Given what these agencies have become, under the rock slithering reprobates that head them up politically, let them have striker fired pistols if that's what they want. Just another marker of their precipitous decline in standards.

Man, looks like some dinosaurs just arent willing to go extinct. And HiPoints being brought up? Really grasping at straws.

Why are the vast majority of government contracts going to striker fired guns if they arent everything stated above? There just aren't any viable hammer fired guns worth outfitting an agency with.

Mainly because they are cheaper?

Lol. Lots of striker fired pistols are owned, and advocated for, by people who don't know much about much about anything—as repeatedly demonstrated in this thread.

I find it wholly unsurprising that people who are likely non-shooters have agitated that the MHS be striker fired only. Wasn't an issue as recently as the JCP competition that was abandoned. The "agency" drones who write RFPs for striker pistols only are merely the bureaucratic equivalent of the ignoramuses here. Something wasn't broke, yet they seek to fix it. That's the classic hallmark of idiocy.

Given what these agencies have become, under the rock slithering reprobates that head them up politically, let them have striker fired pistols if that's what they want. Just another marker of their precipitous decline in standards.

Some of us dont have to guess about these matters. Go wax eloquently about things you've never done in places you almost went with wares you almost shot.

Congratulations?

Glocks are purchased in mass because they are uber cheap for LEO departments.

That way they can say "The police use us so you should too".

Not saying they aren't everything they are but I don't think that an argument that a government agency has adopted them is a strong argument. Didn't the military just re up their contract with Beretta?

Hammer fired vs striker fired, what can I say, I like them both!! I really don't think there is such a thing as one being better than the other, and I would never bemoan someone's choice to select one over the other. I own guns of both types, and I honestly love both types equally.

Whatever you choose, learn it, train with it, know it as well as you can, so if something goes sideways in a fight, you instinctively know what to do.

Honestly, what else would gun folks have to talk about if we weren't constantly arguing about one type of gun or ammo over another? Probably wouldn't even have a forum....;) :p

I'd imagine conversations would be about which holster is the most fashionable. Or which sling matches our boots. :D

Or we could be discussing the best tactical man-thong as well as clip-on man-buns o_O

I think when I found out you could actually buy a clip-on man-bun for your hair, I realized our civilization is truly on the way out :(

Some of us dont have to guess about these matters. Go wax eloquently about things you've never done in places you almost went with wares you almost shot.

Congratulations?

So says a tard with a "buttman" avatar to a veteran and former LEO who has seen some things in his day.

You have to guess just to string a sentence together. Your opinion has all of the weight it merits.

So says a tard with a "buttman" avatar to a veteran and former LEO who has seen some things in his day.

You have to guess just to string a sentence together. Your opinion has all of the weight it merits.

Your argument fell apart with far outdated and offensive tard comment and your homophobia of a cartoon character.

Suck it up nutsacks and take it to a private convo if you can't be rational or even maginally politeo_O

You can't characterize a striker fired action as single action or double action. They're their own category and fall somewhere in between.

I hate shooting single action (HATED my M9 in the service) and i'm relegated to either striker fired OR double action pistols. Not sure what the issue is but i think it's an anticipation thing.

Hope this helps.
I would submit that they are called DAO (double action only)

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top