JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Lulz. You've amply demonstrated how you roll.

WHAT - YOU -------ME
Joined - Feb 2010 vs April 2014
Posted - 471 vs. 6,585
Likes - 321 vs. 9,981
Positive
Feedback - 0 vs. 49

Do the math if you can old timer that is an ignorant homophobic name caller that can't prove their point without getting nasty.

It took me 2.5 years to post 14x the content you have, while receiving 31x the likes you have and have had 49 good transactions vs your none during your close to 7 years as a member (and not even a supporting one at that).

I'm pretty sure everyone can figure out what your worth and opinions are worth here....

Troll better or somewhere else :s0002:

BTW - I didn't put you on ignore so I can continue to laugh at your idiocy and expense as this is bound escalate.

Have a good one:s0112:

I see the merits of all the different types of fire control for each design and application! Nothing wrong with any of them when training and practiced to an acceptable level! For me, nothing beats a SAO 1911 for crisp and consistent trigger pull and reset! BUT, a well tuned M9 will serve me almost as well, and Glock's Block is the be all/end all of dependable and acceptable in all aspects!!!

Yes, and I may be just a clown... But I bet my holster is more fashionable than yours. o_O

Me thinks we should go back to topic now...

Hammer fired holster - to stay on topic:D

IMG_1007.JPG

Okay, yours is more fashionable. :eek: I only have a blackhawk holster for the Glock (hey, ugly gun needs an ugly holster right? :p).

For me, nothing beats a SAO 1911 for crisp and consistent trigger pull and reset!
I'm in the same boat now. I like Glocks, but when it comes to a .45 ACP I must have a 1911 now.

Okay, yours is more fashionable. :eek: I only have a blackhawk holster for the Glock (hey, ugly gun needs an ugly holster right? :p).

I'm in the same boat now. I like Glocks, but when it comes to a .45 ACP I must have a 1911 now.

In my mind, the 1911 owns 45 ACP and 38 Super. I carried a P220 and it was nice, but I don't have one anymore and I'll never be without a 1911. The current Colt Lightweight Commander will be mine.

I would submit that the design of a striker vs a hammer permits a shorter lock time (sear release -> firing pin contact with the primer). Not necessarily always the case, as you can have light skeletonized hammers, and massive hunk o' steel strikers, but it is much easier to make a striker go faster because it is a short linear motion rather than a rotating motion about a remote axis (it's moment of inertia thing for all y'all who remember your physics). You can make up for the lack of firing pin mass with a stronger spring and get insanely short lock times.

Now, for just about every handgunner except these guys, that time difference is not going to make much of a difference in your performance, and yes, many excellent target pistols, like the glorious FWB AW93, are hammer fired and do not suffer at all as a result.

Ever seen a Long Linked 1911? What those can do is nothing short of amazing! Lock times, slide speed's will blow your mind, and accuracy second to none!!! Others are catching up though, and it's going to be fun when they do!

I was almost onboard w the striker fired pistols. Do have and carry a XD mod2 .45 sub compact and I like the 1911 style grip safety. To me a striker fired pistol with a nice easy trigger pull with no safety on my nightstand in the dark does not seem safe to me. It would almost need to be holstered. My SIG and CZ da/sa can lay there bare or uncovered in a duffel bag without me worrying about an accidental diccharge when hot and in da mode. A 10lb long trigger pull seems safe to me as long as you know what to expect. If I was expecting bad things and had time ,the hammer would be back ready to rock in sa mode. Dont most law enforcement agency's require a safety on there striker fired pistols ? The wife does carry a ruger lcp but it has a very safe trigger like a da first pull. But what ever you train with, like many others have said, is your best bet.

Dont most law enforcement agency's require a safety on there striker fired pistols ? The wife does carry a ruger lcp but it has a very safe trigger like a da first pull. But what ever you train with, like many others have said, is your best bet.

While I don't personally like Glocks there seems to be a hell of a lot of LEO's carrying them. They don't have a safety if you mean a mounted one? When they first started to roll into LEO's there was a scary amount of "accidental discharges" with them. Many because the one with the red face was used to his D/A wheel gun. Some agencies responded by making the trigger pull much heavier. There is, or at least was a company making an aftermarket safety for Glocks. Looked like a nice idea to me but I don't think I have ever seen a Glock fan who actually had one. Never heard of any LEO departments using them as of yet.

I don't recall seeing them on glocks ever. You are correct. They have the trigger blade safety that I would holster. Same as the option on the sig 320. Thanks for the information. Glocks are a great pistol, just not for me.

I don't recall seeing them on glocks ever. You are correct. They have the trigger blade safety that I would holster. Same as the option on the sig 320. Thanks for the information. Glocks are a great pistol, just not for me.

They (Glock) have earned the rep they have. I would never buy any new gun and then expect it to work to defend me without testing. If I had to run into a gun shop and grab a gun, no time to see if it works, and depend on it, I would grab a Glock. I still don't like them for me but I know better than to say they are not very well made for what you pay for them.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top