JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I had the day off today and went to the range to get shooting in. Everything was going along great and then this happened. It sound and felt like a light load. I was shooting .45 ACP's in my Kimber. I checked the bore to be sure the bullet cleared the barrel, and continued shooting. I was picking up my brass when I found the culprit case.

Do you see the issue?
10mm in a 45 ACP........NOT GOOD!

PB292024.jpg

PB292025.jpg

Reload or Factory? Not that it really matters, just interested.

I can imagine you must have felt a little chill when you took a look at that casing! the bullet probably fell out the barrel too!!

Good thing your OK...and a reminder why you wear protective glasses....that could have gone wrong...quickly.

I have no idea how a single round of 10mm ended up in a box of 45ACP. I only shoot 1 caliber at a time, I only reload 1 cal. at a time and I sort and tumble 1 cal. at a time.

It sucks to have to wear reading glass!!!

Had that happen once in a .300 win mag rifle. Bought a box of ammo at the gun show, loaded up my gun and began shooting. One round sounded different, ended up being a 7mm mag round in with the .300 win mag.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top