JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
So I had the day off today and went to the range to get shooting in. Everything was going along great and then this happened. It sound and felt like a light load. I was shooting .45 ACP's in my Kimber. I checked the bore to be sure the bullet cleared the barrel, and continued shooting. I was picking up my brass when I found the culprit case.

Do you see the issue?
10mm in a 45 ACP........NOT GOOD!

PB292024.jpg

PB292025.jpg

Reload or Factory? Not that it really matters, just interested.

I can imagine you must have felt a little chill when you took a look at that casing! the bullet probably fell out the barrel too!!

Good thing your OK...and a reminder why you wear protective glasses....that could have gone wrong...quickly.

I have no idea how a single round of 10mm ended up in a box of 45ACP. I only shoot 1 caliber at a time, I only reload 1 cal. at a time and I sort and tumble 1 cal. at a time.

It sucks to have to wear reading glass!!!

Had that happen once in a .300 win mag rifle. Bought a box of ammo at the gun show, loaded up my gun and began shooting. One round sounded different, ended up being a 7mm mag round in with the .300 win mag.

Upcoming Events

Redmond Gun Show
Redmond, OR
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top