JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Holy cow this is scary. This was a holstered weapon that discharged as he bent over. Weapon was a G43 and the holster was a G Code Incog. So both are generally regarded as high quality items. It's unknown so far what went wrong...holster somehow failed? Caught some clothing on the re-holstering? Catastrophic failure of the weapon?

Guy is recovering and will apparently be ok. But damn he's lucky.

VIDEO: Holstered Pistol Discharges...Negligent or Accident? - The Truth About Guns

That dog knew something bad was gonna happen.

And no appendix carry for me. I don't see how you can be the least bit active without pointing a loaded gun at something you don't wish to destroy.

Hmm may have to re-evaluate my preferred carry method...
Very fortunate for him the damage was not worse...
Yea, he coulda taken out The Boys!!!! FOREVER!!!!

I'll continue carrying at 3 o'clock, it's worked well for the past 20+ years, no need to change.

Curious that a Glock in a Kydex holster would discharge on its own. As others have mentioned, perhaps clothing got caught up in the trigger upon holstering. Another thought, if the kydex were deeply depressed in the trigger guard, could impact the trigger and engage it, the force of bending over could be sufficient, perhaps, to cause the discharge... I know that's a stretch, but an idea...

That had to be caused by something he did wrong in holstering, or some sort of botched trigger mod. If it was a Glock, the striker is not engaged, and the striker safety is not disengaged, unless the trigger is pulled. Or the fact that he is left handed ...
Still will not deter me from appendix carry. Works best for me in my situation, and have been carrying a g26 this way for well,over a year.

There is a lot to be said for a SA/DA gun and/or a frame mounted safety when carrying appendix. Slow and deliberate holstering with your eyes on the process is also my rule.

Yep. I just switched to appendix, which makes this kinda scary, but I am carrying a DA/SA, and I thumb the hammer when holstering.

I do trust glock though, which is also essentially a DA gun, so I am betting he futzed with the trigger.

Betting clothing got caught in the trigger guard, loose while standing, tightening up while bending over then BOOM. Either that or he is running a modded trigger, or both. One reason I will NOT change out triggers on a carry gun, or go with a light pull striker gun without a manual safety.

Glad hes OK. This is why I hate instructors who push the "no look reholster" - a cop or soldier may need to holster up without the situation being resolved, but as a civvie, if the gun is coming out, its not going back in the holster till the BG runs away, or shots have been fired and the threat is over. If I have a dude at gunpoint, without him being DRT and cops show up, screw reholstering, I'll drop the gun. If a civvie is holstering up, he can take the second to glance down, ensure the holster is clear, and secure the gun. If you must holster up without looking, find the holster with the gunhand thumb, check for clear, then sweep the holster clear with the gun before stuffing it in all the way. This goes for hip carry too. You can shoot yourself just as badly with 3 o'clock carry as with appendix or modified appendix.

I trust my gear. I trust my gear.I trust my gear.:( nope I'm done with appendix carry... I don't have a whole lot down there and im not willing to lose any of it.

This is why I hate instructors who push the "no look reholster" - a cop or soldier may need to holster up without the situation being resolved, but as a civvie, if the gun is coming out, its not going back in the holster till the BG runs away, or shots have been fired and the threat is over. If I have a dude at gunpoint, without him being DRT and cops show up, screw reholstering, I'll drop the gun. If a civvie is holstering up, he can take the second to glance down, ensure the holster is clear, and secure the gun. If you must holster up without looking, find the holster with the gunhand thumb, check for clear, then sweep the holster clear with the gun before stuffing it in all the way. This goes for hip carry too. You can shoot yourself just as badly with 3 o'clock carry as with appendix or modified appendix.

Amen! I never understood why "no look" reholstering is pushed by some instructors for anyone who isn't LEO. I'll walk out of the class before I'll "no look" at appendix.

Yep. I just switched to appendix, which makes this kinda scary, but I am carrying a DA/SA, and I thumb the hammer when holstering.

I do trust glock though, which is also essentially a DA gun, so I am betting he futzed with the trigger.

When I reholster my pistol and am very careful to leave my finger off the trigger and hold it by the slide and the grip only. I carry at 3 o'clock position.

Looks staged to me...chick is way to calm and her response seems rehearsed...the scene is perfectly framed in the camera, besides...how many security cams have audio?
When he bent over he triggered a blank or something.... FAKE!

That said.... I'd never carry appendix
Not only is it uncomfortable(for me anyway), but it very much goes against Coopers rule #2.

Last Edited:
Yeah, more to this story quite clearly. Literally not possible for a stock glock to just start going off in a kydex holster. Custom trigger not properly installed, clothing, or other unseen factor.

My first thought would have been clothing caught in the trigger, but he seems pretty cautious about checking for that - unless it was the waistband of his shorts - didn't seem possible to be his shirt. Either way, something had to get inside the trigger guard and press that trigger. Maybe a piece of loose material from the holster?? It would be interesting to hear if they figure out what happened. Either way, I've never been a fan of appendix carry, and this just solidifies that position.

Looks staged to me...chick is way to calm and her response seems rehearsed...the scene is perfectly framed in the camera, besides...how many security cams have audio?
When he bent over he triggered a blank or something.... FAKE!

That said.... I'd never carry appendix
Not only is it uncomfortable(for me anyway), but it very much goes against Coopers rule #2.

I hope so! A blank in your pants would still be scary!

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top