JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
You might not have purchased the firearm with a credit card but how about parts and gear? Triggers, stocks, slings, armorers tools, etc could all potentially fall into this pit.

There are those in CA currently who wish parts to have to go to a FFL01 instead of directly to the end user - all the better to keep records and collect taxes.

On a separate but similar note, the restaurant that I have breakfast in several times a week has public internet access for customers as a part of their Comcast service. This public site has some sort of net-Nannie that blocks so-called violent content. Consequently, I cannot access things like this forum, ammo sites, anything with "gun" in the name, even articles about hunting without being blocked.

It's for my/our own good don'tcha'know!
Wouldn't have stayed. But being a student for years I found an easy workaround, a VPN. :rolleyes:

Dam I must be doing something wrong I buy a few GUNs and ammo and other stuff with a credit card.
But then again I pay the credit card bill every month.
Oh that's it I pay the bill.
That's what I'm doing wrong .

I either pay Cash for guns and gun related purchases or I use my Debit Card. The one credit card I have see minimal use and that is for emergency Travel type expenses. For the most part Cash is what I use, I get a receipt identifying the items purchased for warranty or rebate purposes. But then again I am not a member of that Mass Shooters group.

Dumb article , dumb reporting.
Many people use cards ( credit or debit ) to buy lots of things nowadays...If you wanted to make a "connection" between card purchases and almost any product , it would be easy to do and just about meaningless for research information.
Andy

Many people use cards ( credit or debit ) to buy lots of things nowadays...If you wanted to make a "connection" between card purchases and almost any product , it would be easy to do and just about meaningless for research information.
Andy

Agreed, I'd bet you can even buy politicians with a credit card.... :rolleyes:

Andy

It took 25 post to come up with the correct answer! THAT'S why @AndyinEverson makes the BIG money around here. Smart guy he is!

Didn't click.

If one feels frightened to buy firearms and related stuff with a credit card, sure pay cash.

Just don't insist I have to cater to your fear...I buy whatever I want in the manner I want, most often using a credit card.

You might not have purchased the firearm with a credit card but how about parts and gear? Triggers, stocks, slings, armorers tools, etc could all potentially fall into this pit.

Absolutely sure since I do not even have a credit card that I carry with me. We have one single card that is used for trips or emergency stuff. Other then that I use only a Debt card or CASH and for the majority of purchases not related to the Building of my Willys Jeep its cash.

Gave up wasting money on credit cards after it took 3 years to pay off the card we used when we visited England in 2003.

"We do not believe Visa should be in the position of setting restrictions on the sale of lawful goods or services," said Amanda Pires, a Visa spokeswoman. "Our role in commerce is to efficiently process, protect and settle all legal payments. Asking Visa or other payment networks to arbitrate what legal goods can be purchased sets a dangerous precedent."

First came credit cards, then ATM's, followed by Debit cards. We were told we'd be safer using debit cards than carrying cash and they'd be more convenient...

Now, they'll use our own purchase information against us...

I see a great split coming for this country... There'll be a Revolution 2.0, but this nation will be split into more than a single nation. Because some of us are getting tired of draconian laws and approach to control the citizenry...

Visa/Mastercard/et. al. won't do anything because $$$$$$$$$$ and they know that thousands of gun owners buy stuff like this every day. The government already has those records - if you think they don't, then you haven't been paying attention to what the NSA/FBI have been up to for decades. They too know that we buy billions of $$ worth of equipment every year with credit cards. There would be thousands of false flags every day and the gov. can't possibly investigate even a fraction of a percentage of those, and they would probably get sued if they did. About the only thing they could do would be if they already had someone under investigation for terrorism/threats/etc., then maybe flag their purchases - even then, what do they do?

I personally only pay cash for firearms, but I know that doesn't help because Orygun keeps a record of my purchase nonetheless - including make/model/serial # - but I do use credit cards for online thousands of $ of gun related purchases every year. I am sure I am on some gov. list that would have the gov. knocking on my door if someday the gov./people decide to do something about such ownership.

Now individual card issuers - such as Citibank - they are already saying they will restrict doing business with sellers and making noise about restricting purchases - although I have heard no more about it - as others have said, this is 'signaling'/posturing, and they lost my business (closed my account with them).

Please keep in mind that the NYT, obviously a New York based publication; promotes these antigun notices adn interventions. . Persons from NY maybe of similar ilk and come to Oregon and promote their antigun policies or voting antigun. Using the Rules for Radicals these organizations should be ridiculed for their stupidity and naive.

I always pay the cc use every month, therefore I don't get in debt to them. And, it's far more useful than constantly having to have cash on me for everything. Years ago, that's what I did. Usually had a minimum of a couple of hundred on me. No more. I use my cc and as I posted earlier, pay it off like clock work.

Their percentage out of your hide, for those who're pulled into paying the minimum or what have you is frankly, a sucker's game.

Figure if you don't use a cc you're somehow operating incognito...what a laugh...keep on dreaming.

Cash with the local dealers---they like it, it saves them money. Gives me a little better "dickering leverage" if I'm browsing the used gun rack.

Online firearms, bullets, cases, powder, primers, parts etc. etc. etc.---credit card. One that pays cash back. Pay it in full each month. That cash back is going to buy a week in Hawaii, including airfare.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA

New Resource Reviews