JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I've always paid cash for a firearm.
I've never needed a gun so bad I had to "charge it".
But I suppose the last thing on a bad guy's mind is his credit score or his credit card balance.

0648AD63-58BE-4D22-9E6B-D279D3571A3B.jpeg

The only reason to purchase a weapon with a credit card is if your card gives you cash back. That way you get a few bucks back from them, but make sure you pay the card off each month.

Guess what time it is campers ...

Majority of mass shooters finance their weapon stockpiles with credit

Obvious time. Would you guess that most guns are bought with credit cards. Guess what that means.

<Out of the 13 mass shootings that have killed 10 or more people over the past decade, eight of the perpetrators used credit cards to stockpile firearms they otherwise wouldn't have been able to afford,
Virtually none of the bank and credit card executives the Times' spoke to were willing to go on the record "for fear of upsetting gun-rights advocates and politicians invoking the Second Amendment.">

I must have missed it when I skimmed the "article". I am sure they mentioned that if they get what they seem to want, say you can't use a CC to buy, that the person can of course just go to any bank and get cash on that CC. Surely they did mention this? Or did none of the editors know this was possible? Just think of all the "bad stuff" done online. Surely they would want no one to be able to pay for access to the net with a CC now?

The only reason to purchase a weapon with a credit card is if your card gives you cash back. That way you get a few bucks back from them, but make sure you pay the card off each month.
I use 2 cards for virtually everything now for that reason. Get cash back and amazing protections. Since I do the vast majority of my shopping on line now I use a CC. Get points I turn into Amazon cards as there is never a time there is not stuff in my cart there. I have not even seen my check books in years. They are in a holder in the safe for stuff like titles and such. Card is so easy in the store. Last couple times I bought a gun in a shop I did get cash for it to save the fee since they are the only place I see other than gas that charges the fee to use the card rather than cash. Last couple I bought on line I of course used a CC for protection. The one place did charge me what it cost them which was fine with me. Last one they did not charge me any more for using the card. Gas stations do to but for that few cents I am not going to go in and deal with the clerk so gladly pay it. Don't even carry my Debit cards with me as those I do not use unless I need cash at an ATM. If someone gets the account for my CC I could care less. Just call them and that's that. I do keep one "air gap" card for emergencies in case I have to cancel the 2 I use for everything.

The NYT is no longer a source of news but of propaganda. I don't subscribe to their product or agenda so I won't waste my time threatening boycotts of them.

I will however put any of their advertisers on notice that they are subject to a boycott of their products and services. If I can give up NFL football for two years due to their ignorant kneeling policy(s) then I think I can do without supporting those who directly or indirectly advertise with those like the NYT which seeks to do me harm.

If my bank - are you listing BofA? - chooses to regulate my lawful purchases, I am prepared to close personal and business accounts and end a +/- 30 year relationship.

If they can regulate firearms and accessory purchases today what is to stop them from trying to manipulate other things I might purchase in the future - meat, cars, so-called non-green products, etc.

The NYT is no longer a source of news but of propaganda. I don't subscribe to their product or agenda so I won't waste my time threatening boycotts of them.

I will however put any of their advertisers on notice that they are subject to a boycott of their products and services. If I can give up NFL football for two years due to their ignorant kneeling policy(s) then I think I can do without supporting those who directly or indirectly advertise with those like the NYT which seeks to do me harm.

If my bank - are you listing BofA? - chooses to regulate my lawful purchases, I am prepared to close personal and business accounts and end a +/- 30 year relationship.

If they can regulate firearms and accessory purchases today what is to stop them from trying to manipulate other things I might purchase in the future - meat, cars, so-called non-green products, etc.

Watched Football every year since 1968, when they kneeled I stopped cold..... haven't watched one game since and wont !!! I miss it.. but respect my country much more.

WOW the closest I have ever come to buying a firearm on a credit card is using the balance on my Paypal Debt card to purchase three different firearms. other then that and a couple times using an informal type of lay away. CASH

WOW the closest I have ever come to buying a firearm on a credit card is using the balance on my Paypal Debt card to purchase three different firearms. other then that and a couple times using an informal type of lay away. CASH

You might not have purchased the firearm with a credit card but how about parts and gear? Triggers, stocks, slings, armorers tools, etc could all potentially fall into this pit.

There are those in CA currently who wish parts to have to go to a FFL01 instead of directly to the end user - all the better to keep records and collect taxes.

On a separate but similar note, the restaurant that I have breakfast in several times a week has public internet access for customers as a part of their Comcast service. This public site has some sort of net-Nannie that blocks so-called violent content. Consequently, I cannot access things like this forum, ammo sites, anything with "gun" in the name, even articles about hunting without being blocked.

It's for my/our own good don'tcha'know!

Last Edited:
You might not have purchased the firearm with a credit card but how about parts and gear? Triggers, stocks, slings, armorers tools, etc could all potentially fall into this pit.

There are those in CA currently who wish parts to have to go to a FFL01 instead of directly to the end user - all the better to keep records and collect taxes.

On a separate but similar note, the restaurant that I have breakfast in several times a week has public internet access for customers as a part of their Comcast service. This public site has some sort of net-Nannie that blocks so-called violent content. Consequently, I cannot access things like this forum, ammo sites, anything with "gun" in the name, even articles about hunting without being blocked.

It's for my/our own good don'tcha'know!
Then why are you still patronizing them?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top