JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
I know he has been a spokesman for some time now for glock but It hit me today at just how much of a sellout this guy is!!!

He is all about the USMC, but to trade in your 1911 for a glock??? I just dont get it.. You would think the USMC would hire him as a spokes-person or as a recruiting tool... I would still like to meet him someday, but dont understand this...

thats my random rant of the day...
R_Lee_Ermey.jpg

I don't care if he pimps Glocks, the mans got to make a living. At least he isn't trying to sell Hi-Points! Then you could question his veracity! :) Actually, most of the Marines I've known loved their glocks and agreed with Cougfan2 about 1911's: they hated them. Some of the comments were: Dinosaur, outdated relic, unnecessarily complicated pieces of sh*t, etc. R. Lee is still OK in my book.

Someone needs to explain to him and Glock that the ready position is with the gun pointed down, not into the air. Beyond that, as long as I don't have to listen to him yell, I'm okay with him endorsing whoever he wants.

See that flag in the background, it means freedom and Gunny has paid the price for freedom. So damm it let him have a free choice in what weapon he prefers.

Lest we forget, that all us veterans have paid a price for freedom, then comes along others who think its wrong that me make a choice.

May I asked how many of you guys against Gunny's choice are veterans.

God Bless Our Veterans

Signed.

Marshall Tall Eagle, US Army Vietnam veteran and proud of it.

See that flag in the background, it means freedom and Gunny has paid the price for freedom. So damm it let him have a free choice in what weapon he prefers.

Lest we forget, that all us veterans have paid a price for freedom, then comes along others who think its wrong that me make a choice.

May I asked how many of you guys against Gunny's choice are veterans.

God Bless Our Veterans

Signed.

Marshall Tall Eagle, US Army Vietnam veteran and proud of it.

Couldn't agree more Mr. Tall Eagle. Take care and thank you.

Ummm you apparantly don't know that some Marine Security forces carry Glock 21s :) I believe it is the nuclear security branch. Read it in a book and online so it's gotta be true :D

You would think the USMC would hire him as a spokes-person or as a recruiting tool...

As I'm sure the Gunny would say, "once a Marine, always a Marine".

How do you think he actually BECAME a Gunnery Sergeant?

On May 17, 2002, he received an honorary promotion to Gunnery Sergeant (E-7) from the Commandant of the Marine Corps (later Supreme Allied Commander Europe (SACEUR)) United States Marine Corps General James L. Jones in recognition of his role as Gunnery Sergeant Hartman in Full Metal Jacket, becoming the first retired military member in the history of the United States Marine Corps to be promoted.[2]

He has also conducted morale tours visiting U.S. troops in locations such as Bagram Airbase, Afghanistan, in which he filmed parts for his television show Mail Call. While at Bagram Air Base he held a USO type show in which he portrayed GySgt Hartman and conducted a comedy routine. He also did the same thing at Doha, Qatar, in 2003.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top