JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
So, you're telling me that "The Gunny" got promoted in retirement for depicting a USMC DI so over the top that he drove a recruit to a 7.62x51 murder-suicide in basic?

As shown in an anti-war film by Stanley Kubrick that depicts other Marines as nothing less than child killers and indiscriminate slaughterers of civilians?

Bunch of self-propelled sandbags if you ask me.;)

This is why you guys don't have jobs as professional photographers. Proper grip + gun pointed down = minimal gun exposure. Bad form for advertising.

This is a promotional piece designed to aid in the sales of Glock firearms. Not training proper shooting form.

I understand that he's gotta point the thing up for the photo, but his cup & saucer grip is killing me!

Please explain how the Glock is superior to the 1911? I am really curious to know this.

The 1911 is far superior. I tried using a Glock for a boat anchor. It didn't weigh enough and the boat kept drifting. Had to go back to the 1911 to hold that boat in place.

Now I get paid to promote 1911's as boat anchors. :D

1911 wins every time!! :D

An obscure film that is somewhat hard to find, but well worth watching: I believe it is called "Siege at Firebase Alice" (Search R. Lee's movie history: you may correct me on the title.)

I'm pretty sure this was R. Lee's first motion picture. It's a Vietnam story, constructed it seems of a montage of Vietnam anecdotes. Two guys show up at a firebase to find it in total disarray, lacking discipline, rife with drugs and incompetence in leadership.

(Actually, come to think of it, this describes perfectly my own outfit in 1974.)

Then the excrement hits the air-exchange device.

R. Lee in what I believe is his pre-Full Metal prime.

Spitpatch (Quick Reaction Force Team Leader, Military Police. South Dakota Theater of the Vietnam War.)

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top