JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
40calruler, Slow down a little and read what you type before you post. I'm not picking on you, but your posts are kinda hard to follow.

However, I believe that you are "cut from the same cloth" as many of the members of this forum. Once I sorted thru your thoughts, I thought, this guy has similar feelings about this as I do.

#1 if not close and with family members, Get the hell out!

#2 if close, with family members and have an opportunity or need, do something and do it quickly!

#3 Close, no family/friends. Shoot!

#4 Nearby, alone, "what's going on and should I do something?"

Feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.

I am truly sorry for your friend. The whole thing may work me up
But it is really a tragedy that we are having to many of lately
I get so worked up because I lost my sister 2 years ago
In a gun related unnecessary tragedy. It is heartbreaking
And there are no words that can helP to console the victims family's.
It is easy to play Monday morning quarter back but I
May overdo it due to the events I have seen and been in.
I am sure had your friend had a chance he would have
Protected and saved as many people as he could.
It is again just a cold sad tragedy that I am truly sorry
We are even having to imagine let alone go through

No Orygun you are right. It does just hit too close to home and I do need to step back and stop and think. I agree with everything you said and really should not have even been posting until I allowed the rage and frustration of something to close to home to pass. It is just a sad time for everyone involved and with my experiences it is easy to jump to anger that nobody stopped it. That is not rational thought. You are right on the money though. It is good to have someone put into perspective what I am thinking without the nonsense of overdoing it as I am at the moment. Wise words and thoughts. Also shows me it is dumb to think there are not good people when someone can take my rageful drawn on comments and pull out the reality of it and feel the same way. Thanks for your post as it may have seemed like picking on me but it did make me think rather than just write.

I have a hunch Steve was hit within the first couple shots fired. A shooting inside a building such as the mall would have been very confusing. Very hard to determine which way the shot/shots came from, etc, the sound really bounces around.

I will post more details as I find out more.

Velzey, since ONLY two people were killed I am betting you are correct and he was hit before he even heard or registered the shots.

However what is interesting is there are reports of spent pistol cases being found in the food court, but no pistol recovered. Maybe the PD is covering that Steve did engage him and they recovered his weapon, or maybe there WAS a CCW that engaged and then decided to melt into the chaos afterwards.

However what is interesting is there are reports of spent pistol cases being found in the food court, but no pistol recovered. Maybe the PD is covering that Steve did engage him and they recovered his weapon, or maybe there WAS a CCW that engaged and then decided to melt into the chaos afterwards.

I can't find this reported anywhere. Just curious where you heard that and would like to see if you could supply a link

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I can't find this reported anywhere. Just curious where you heard that and would like to see if you could supply a link

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
The print media is NOT here to portray all the facts, only those they wish to, this information is coming from people that watched the live press conferences
From another thread..
During the press conference yesterday morning at 10:00, the Sheriff eluded to possible handgun casings at the scene as well and then clarified there were no other weapons recovered. I looked at all the articles after and not one reporter mentioned... I guess that does not surprise me.
and
I heard the press conference as well. A reporter asked "since only one gun was found, was there only one type of ammo casing found as well?" The Pio response was to the tune of, we're going to be talking about that later on today with the detectives. It was definitely not a standard yes or no answer

More than one witness that called into the radio that evening reported more than one shooter. Two people actually said "three gunmen". One of the callers even talked about seeing a person that had been shot in the face laying on the ground with a gun next to them. She didn't specify what kind of gun though, so it may have Roberts that she saw.

I've not heard anything about pistol casings, but would love to know more.

I just returned from CTC doing some Christmas shopping. In line at Barnes & Nobel were two ladies. The first one was talking about the handgun casings found and that there was quite possible a CHL holder there taking shots at the shooter. I didn't ask her where she heard this.

Security was very visible. Macy's had a lot of seemingly unarmed security walking around. In the mall many security guards were present, along with armed police. I entered and left the mall a few times, always going thru a different door than before. Now where did I see one single sign saying firearms prohibited.

I just returned from CTC doing some Christmas shopping. In line at Barnes & Nobel were two ladies. The first one was talking about the handgun casings found and that there was quite possible a CHL holder there taking shots at the shooter. I didn't ask her where she heard this.

Security was very visible. Macy's had a lot of seemingly unarmed security walking around. In the mall many security guards were present, along with armed police. I entered and left the mall a few times, always going thru a different door than before. Now where did I see one single sign saying firearms prohibited.

Don't be surprised if you do in the very near future.

That will keep this from ever happening again.......

I went to the gun store today as I had requested a SR22 to try and get cheap practice with my smaller .380 sized guns as it is about the same size as a ppk or sig p230 and they had to order it at the shop which took two days. When I ordered it the shelves all where filled with row after row of pistols. Today it looked like they could fit the entire inventory into one of the 6 pistol shelves. The owner there told me he had the most sales since this happened that he has had in a long long time.

That will keep this from ever happening again.......

They can't.

When someone wants to do something bad they do not care what the laws say. Keeping everyone safe is a myth. It has never happened and it never will while man is in charge. More rules and regulations is not gonna fix anything either.

Letting people defend themselves when something bad happens to them is the only true recourse!

Taking away the peoples ability to protect themselves makes the people defenseless and ready to be slaughtered.

Evidently according to the KGW news there was an armed CHL holder who drew his weapon but claims he didn't fire for fear of hitting an innocent behind the shooter (Rule 4) It was a Glock 22 carried by an ex mall security guard. He claims to have witnessed the gun jam then the shooter ran off into the stairwell and offed himself.

Has anyone heard anything regarding exactly how the shooter was killed? I know they are saying self inflicted, but is there any proof of this??? Was it possibly someone carrying concealed that may have got involved??? One could only hope if its true we will hear about it.
RIP for all those taken out by these worthless pieces of GARBAGE!!!

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top