JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
It makes me mad that they can't see that their logic is flawed and their execution is even more flawed. Bans only serve to keep law abiding citizens (those who OBEY laws) from doing what they haven't been doing anyway. And, the "carnage" they speak of is all hype. There is no carnage. There are unfortunate and tragic incidents but when the country has 311 million citizens and 8,000 murders with firearms last year, the rate is ridiculously low. It is .0002% of the population.

IT would be nice if ALL the people that felt this way moved to one state... No guns at all. I would love to see how many people become victims of crimes, even of crimes committed by people with guns obtained illigely..... i know it wont happen... but it would be interesting to see.

IT would be nice if ALL the people that felt this way moved to one state... No guns at all. I would love to see how many people become victims of crimes, even of crimes committed by people with guns obtained illigely..... i know it wont happen... but it would be interesting to see.

Chicago is probably as close as one will get to that and we all know how little gun crime happens there with their strict gun control laws, (sarcasm on) which obviously aren't restrictive enough (sarcasm off)

one of my friends dated this guy about a year ago. i met him at the gyro shop he worked at on hawthorn. he always seemed like a nice enough guy.really makes you nervous if someone who seemed nice can turn so evil.

one of my friends dated this guy about a year ago. i met him at the gyro shop he worked at on hawthorn. he always seemed like a nice enough guy.really makes you nervous if someone who seemed nice can turn so evil.
You never know about anyone. Only they, and God, have any knowledge of what they truly think. Life is a gamble period. If one lets themselves be shaken too much by any one thing, "living" goes out the window. You can only have so much fear before it makes you afraid to live. Always be prepared for the worst and enjoy it when it doesn't occur.

I first of all want to say my heart goes out too for all those killed, wounded or terrified by this incident and their families. I hope to god I never have to face an incident like this but it has caused me to start rethinking about my own security. At home no problem, I have guns readily available and always have. I have had a rifle since I was 12 yrs old and the ammo too. When I go out I have my trusty old Kabar 4" folding pocket knife(carried the thing for at least 50 yrs now, almost 62 yrs old now). I carried it all through HS and never had a problem. In grade school I had a smaller one but them again so did almost everyone else in those days. Nobody thought to pull a knife if you got into a fight with someone else, it just wasn't done in Portland in the 50's and early 60's even in the black schools which I attended for 5 yrs( I am white). Knifes were made for playing mumbletypeg, throwing and carving, not fighting. You made your status by your skills, not going out and wasting people like today. Was it dangerous, yes but that was all kind of allure.You might get hurt a bit but it was not life threatening. Nowadays kids have no outlets like they used too, I would be gone from the house for 8 hours at a time, nobody knew exactly where I was. But as long as I made it home in time for dinner nobody was worried. Today kids cannot be out of anybodies sight for 15 mins or they are left to roam for days on their own. Either one is not good. The knife is the only thing I have carried for personal protection outside the house for 50 yrs but now I thinking seriously abut getting my CHL.

SO completely stupid. So anyone "liking" shooting on facebook must be some nut head is going to someday start shooting people. This State is absolutely idiotic. The press always has to put a liberal spin on everything. Idiots.

This is why I don't have a stupid facebook page, or any other social media junk.

Here's the facebook page of the cold-blooded killer:
http://www.facebook.com/jake.roberts.102

I am surprised that facebook hasn't taken it down yet, like it does with other homicidal maniacs.. I have to admit, there is no suicide message, no extremism or deranged mission on his page. He looks like a normal kid.. Quite bizarre. Most likely another person who decided to keep all his emotions inside and decided to destroy the lives of innocent people as a release for his hidden and internal rage.

I am happy to hear the rifle was stolen. At least now the media and gun grabbers won't be able to say he purchased the rifle through legal means. They always love to sensationalize when a murderer legally purchases the guns they used in the crime.

Sociopaths are like that.
So are normal people.

And for every 9999 regular people you come across, you might run into 1 sociopath.

Life is random. This shooting was random. It's tragic, but still extremely rare.

Passing legislation to prevent these incidents is like passing legislation to prevent lightning strikes.

Take a look at the world today and the ever more consistency of these instances. Its going to keep happening. And if you think it's going to stay extremely rare then you are sorely misguided.

So are normal people.

And for every 9999 regular people you come across, you might run into 1 sociopath.

Life is random. This shooting was random. It's tragic, but still extremely rare.

Passing legislation to prevent these incidents is like passing legislation to prevent lightning strikes.

Take a look at the world today and the ever more consistency of these instances. Its going to keep happening. And if you think it's going to stay extremely rare then you are sorely misguided.
Do you have any data to back that up? Because I do.

The most recent year of data available (2009), showed 16,799 homicides. 11,493 of those were firearms related. That was a decline of 6.8% over the previous year.

Mass shootings account for 3-5 incidents a year in the United States, or about 0.5% or less of the total number of firearms homicides.

The likelihood of you experiencing, or knowing someone who experienced a firearms homicide is going to be rare compared to...

Heart Disease - kills 599,413 per year
Cancer - kills 567,628 per year
Accidents - kills 118,021 per year

Even the flu kills over 4 times as many people per year (53,692) in the United States as firearms homicide. Despite there being more gun owners than ever, the homicide rates are going down. Which is a big argument against gun legislation.

Just saw this on 12 new app
SALEM, OR (KPTV)—An Oregon state senator is proposing a bill that could put new restrictions on gun and ammo sales.

Sen. Ginny Burdick sent an email to colleagues in the House and Senate outlining her proposal in the wake of the Clackamas Town Center shooting.

She said the ability of Jacob Roberts to fire off numerous shots from his AR-15 rifle cannot be ignored.

"This terrifying situation exemplifies the danger of large capacity magazines in our community," states the email, which was forwarded to FOX 12 by Burdick. "Large capacity magazines can dramatically increase death tolls and have no legitimate place in our neighborhoods."

Burdick said even hunters are restricted from using large capacity magazines.

Her proposal, which was drafted for pre-session filing for the 2013 legislative session, creates a crime of knowingly selling or transferring large capacity magazines. Specifically, it would prohibit gun magazines with the capacity to accept more than 10 rounds of ammunition.

The concept creates and exemption for law enforcement and military personnel, according to Burdick.

The penalty for breaking the law would be $6,250 in fines, one year in prison or both.

So firing off 6 mags with 10 rounds in each will take what? A little over a minute?

Another bad law. The magazines capacity is not the problem. The bad guys killing people is the problem. And what laws do the bad guys follow?

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top