JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Its easy to spot someone with anything bigger on their person. Even in a trench coat.. It would have only taken one observant person to probably see something amiss about this guy.
That's the problem these days... America is too relaxed. And most people are so preoccupied with their own lives that they don't even think to look and observe their surroundings.

Would be interesting to see surveillance footage of this guys path getting into the mall.

Sounds fishy. Classmates already described him as the nicest guy, etc.

The way he handled himself it is like he had never held an AR before.

Then the visual of little kids being marched around with their arms in the air. Just a matter of time before you see TSA at the malls. Hello Ebay.

Such a sad situation all around. As lethargic as this kid acted with his AR jamming, slowly reloading, etc, I am confident (easy to say I know) that a well practiced CHL holder with a decent pistol would have stopped this guy in his tracks. Concrete pillars for cover, etc. From the description given by one woman he sounded like a horrible shot also. "I am the shooter" - like in a hypnotic/zombie state - I guess we never get to know the truth behind actions like this.

So sad for those two ladies and their families/friends.

The Clackamas Sheriff's office next to the mall is filled with some of the nicest cops you could meet, that are CHL friendly, personable people. Just thought I'd throw that comment in there because when I got my CHL I was so impressed with the law enforcement people there and how nice they were; a nice change from what I normally see via YouTube, etc. HOWEVER a shining example of how you have to protect yourself, be armed - here the cops are one minute away and still TOO LATE.

Sounds fishy. Classmates already described him as the nicest guy, etc.

The way he handled himself it is like he had never held an AR before.

Then the visual of little kids being marched around with their arms in the air. Just a matter of time before you see TSA at the malls. Hello Ebay.

Such a sad situation all around. As lethargic as this kid acted with his AR jamming, slowly reloading, etc, I am confident (easy to say I know) that a well practiced CHL holder with a decent pistol would have stopped this guy in his tracks. Concrete pillars for cover, etc. From the description given by one woman he sounded like a horrible shot also. "I am the shooter" - like in a hypnotic/zombie state - I guess we never get to know the truth behind actions like this.

The 2nd amendment doesn't speak only to our right to keep and bear arms; More importlantly it speaks to the responsibility of the protection of our free state. For how does a man defend his people against an armed man if he himself is not armed?
Therefore, the right to bear arms is not only a right, but a God given responsibility.
-Unknown

interesting quote on his facebook page in the about section

"
About Jake.

Hey what's up guys my names Jake and I'm an alcoholic... Lol just kidding. If you were to ask someone that knows me they would probably say that I am a pretty funny person that takes sarcasm to the max. I'm the kind of person that is going to do what I want. There is no reason for another person to tell you what to do, I'm the conductor of my choo choo train. I may be young but I have lived one crazy life so far. My friends are my family and I don't think that will ever change. I have done a lot for myself in the past year some good and some bad but I still press on. I like hanging out with my friends and having a good time maybe get a little drunk every now and then. I like to think of myself as a bit of an adrenaline junkie... Yup that's right I'm a junkie lol. But I'm just looking to meet new people and see the world. Right now I work at the most badass gyro shop in town. I am one of the few people that can say I love my job and actually mean it. But if you want to know more about me send me a message. What's up let's party."

here is his facebook page

https://www.facebook.com/jake.roberts.102

I've heard conflicting things, but it sounds like the entire incident only lasted a few seconds. If I'm relaxing at a table, in a good mood laughing with friends, it's possible the entire incident could be over before my brain made the shift from "relaxed and happy" to "time to kill someone." That's a huge mental transition that very few of us have experience with. Some are better at it than others. Some are more experienced than others. I'm sure there were people there with CPL's, but I have trouble faulting them for not responding quickly. I likely wouldn't have.

Now, catch me on a very bad, angry day, maybe I would have responded right away. But if someone is that cranky to begin with, leaving the gun at home might be more responsible.

Here's the facebook page of the cold-blooded killer:
http://www.facebook.com/jake.roberts.102

I am surprised that facebook hasn't taken it down yet, like it does with other homicidal maniacs.. I have to admit, there is no suicide message, no extremism or deranged mission on his page. He looks like a normal kid.. Quite bizarre. Most likely another person who decided to keep all his emotions inside and decided to destroy the lives of innocent people as a release for his hidden and internal rage.

I am happy to hear the rifle was stolen. At least now the media and gun grabbers won't be able to say he purchased the rifle through legal means. They always love to sensationalize when a murderer legally purchases the guns they used in the crime.

Clackamas mall shooter used stolen rifle; Wash. bill would change self-defense law

Authorities in Clackamas County say the rifle used by gunman Jacob Tyler Roberts was stolen earlier on the day of his rampage at a popular shopping mall from “a person known to the suspect.”

<broken link removed>

Here's the facebook page of the cold-blooded killer:
http://www.facebook.com/jake.roberts.102

I am surprised that facebook hasn't taken it down yet, like it does with other homicidal maniacs.. I have to admit, there is no suicide message, no extremism or deranged mission on his page. He looks like a normal kid.. Quite bizarre. Most likely another person who decided to keep all his emotions inside and decided to destroy the lives of innocent people as a release for his hidden and internal rage.

I am happy to hear the rifle was stolen.
At least now the media and gun grabbers won't be able to say he purchased the rifle through legal means. They always love to sensationalize when a murderer legally purchases the guns they used in the crime.

I find his profile background picture.. well, possible hint at a problem.. "Follow your dreams" with a big "CANCELLED" in red over it.. One small thing, but points to someone that has lost hope...

YEah at least he was not in possession of the gun legally. Of course I am sure they will spin it that guns get stolen, so if nobody has them, they cannot be stolen...

This is the latest post form Ceasfire Oregon. As of 2:20 pm on Wed Dec 12th this was 16 hours old. It is nice to see how Anti Gun Groups don't even wait until the facts come out before the start spewing there "ban guns, safer world" BS

IN THE AFTERMATH OF THE CLACKAMAS MALL SHOOTING, CEASEFIRE OREGON CALLS ON CITIZENS TO DEMAND SANE GUN LAWS
The gun-massacre nightmare revisited Oregon today. Our thoughts are with everyone who was shot and their friends and families.
We do not know all the facts yet, but a few things are already clear. Our communities can never be safe while the gun industry profits from arming the deranged and the dangerous with increasingly lethal weapons. As long as weapons that belong only on battlefields are sold in our communities, the lives of ordinary citizens will continue to be sacrificed as mere collateral damage by the gun lobby and the politicians who turn a blind eye to the carnage.
The outrage must outlast the news cycle if we are to stop the bloodshed. Penny Okamoto, Executive Director of Ceasefire Oregon stated, "This kind of terror will continue in America until our legislators stand up to the gun lobby and put the lives of our families over the profits of one industry. Ceasefire Oregon has been working to ban assault weapons and large capacity ammunition magazines. We have also been working to require background checks for every gun sold."
When asked about the action people can take, she added, "Call your senators and your representatives, on the state and national levels. Call the White House and demand action! Do it in memory of today's victims, and in defense of tomorrow's."

I find his profile background picture.. well, possible hint at a problem.. "Follow your dreams" with a big "CANCELLED" in red over it.. One small thing, but points to someone that has lost hope...

YEah at least he was not in possession of the gun legally. Of course I am sure they will spin it that guns get stolen, so if nobody has them, they cannot be stolen...

Hummmmm the "Follow your dreams" with a cancelled written though it sounds a lot like Black Bloc or Occupy. What happens if he was. a supporter of one of those... would the media talk about that?

This is the latest post form Ceasfire Oregon. As of 2:20 pm on Wed Dec 12th this was 16 hours old. It is nice to see how Anti Gun Groups don't even wait until the facts come out before the start spewing there "ban guns, safer world" BS

IN THE AFTERMATH OF THE CLACKAMAS MALL SHOOTING, CEASEFIRE OREGON CALLS ON CITIZENS TO DEMAND SANE GUN LAWS
It makes me mad that they can't see that their logic is flawed and their execution is even more flawed. Bans only serve to keep law abiding citizens (those who OBEY laws) from doing what they haven't been doing anyway. And, the "carnage" they speak of is all hype. There is no carnage. There are unfortunate and tragic incidents but when the country has 311 million citizens and 8,000 murders with firearms last year, the rate is ridiculously low. It is .0002% of the population.

Is it possible for watchdog groups to track signs of mass shooters? The knee jerk reaction will begin to say gun owners will need mental health evals. If that becomes the case, anybody who does not fall into to certain perscribed categories will be denied access to firearms (including YOU)...I don't see it playing out much different in the future. It's a perfect way to justify the total control of "assault weapons" in america. I believe in the 2nd A to it's core but there will be a point of a mass shooting so horrific (norway?) that many people who sit neither here nor there on the gun fence will call for their banning or complete control.

Personal input, I was shopping with my father less than 24 hours in the Sam Goody store in the tacoma mall in 2005 when the kid with the Mak-90 went nuts. That shook me up pretty good. Literally the same store he barricaded and took hostages in the next day. My thoughts go out to the folks who lost loved ones yesterday.

The problem with that is that at least in this case, this guy stole the gun. He wasn't a "gun owner" that anyone knew about.

Upcoming Events

Rifle Mechanics
Sweet Home, OR
Handgun Self Defense Fundamentals
Sweet Home, OR
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top