JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The primary (and ONLY) purpose of the State form is to check for Stolen Pistols. The forms are checked and if clean they are destroyed. The FFL keeps their copy for 6 years and then it's also destroyed.
That's really odd. It was just 2 years ago that DOL asked the legislator for 500,000 more to hire more people because they were about 7 months behind entering the info in their system.

I read the story and it appears to have been amended since the OP. It now reads:

"Officers caught up with the combatants at South 19th and Mildred Streets. They spoke to the boyfriend, who told his story and mentioned the gun. Officers noted that the man didn't have a concealed weapon license. The boyfriend said he bought the gun recently from an acquaintance. Officers cited the man for carrying a concealed weapon without a permit, and took charge of it."

This makes much more sense. It seems the boyfriend grabbed the gun initially, but it was never actually in play during the encounter. The boyfriend thought he was doing the right thing by letting the police know he had a gun, which ended up not working out so well for him because he didn't have a CPL. Boyfriend didn't get booked into jail, but he will be given a subpoena to appear in court by mail and his firearm (the evidence of the crime) seized until court proceedings are over. Sucks he tried to do the right thing and even showed good restraint in not using his firearm, but still ended up getting busted over it.

I had not seen that, but yes that does sound much more plausible. Even so if, and that is a big if, this happened anything like the story it shows a lot of improvement needed. Girl needs to call 911 first not him if something happens. Him grabbing a gun to take to this also leaves me wondering. Hopefully they both learned something from this.

I had not seen that, but yes that does sound much more plausible. Even so if, and that is a big if, this happened anything like the story it shows a lot of improvement needed. Girl needs to call 911 first not him if something happens. Him grabbing a gun to take to this also leaves me wondering. Hopefully they both learned something from this.

If you were responding to help a loved one, would you not think to bring a firearm? I don't think him bringing the gun was unreasonable, especially since, according to the article, the firearm was never in play during his confrontation with the suspect. Where he runs into problems is that he does not have a license to conceal a firearm, but he decided to conceal the firearm.

If you were responding to help a loved one, would you not think to bring a firearm? I don't think him bringing the gun was unreasonable, especially since, according to the article, the firearm was never in play during his confrontation with the suspect. Where he runs into problems is that he does not have a license to conceal a firearm, but he decided to conceal the firearm.
I would not have told her to go to a store and park without calling 911. I would not then head to there with a gun and tell her to drive away while I take care of the problem. I also have a permit and would not tell the first LEO I just bought the gun from "some guy" but then that's just me.

Now that that is cleared up, here is another one:

Virginia Tech student arrested for having assault rifle, trying to buy 5,000 rounds

"Freshman Yunsong Zhao, 19, is not a U.S. citizen, which makes it illegal for him to possess a firearm."

No. No it does not. Non-citizens can possess firearms.

It depends on whether their visa is an immigration visa or otherwise. If it is an immigration visa then they may be able to buy and possess firearms.

Who is a nonimmigrant alien?
A nonimmigrant alien is an alien in the United States in a nonimmigrant classification as defined by section 101(a)(15) of the Immigration and Nationality Act (8 U.S.C. 1101(a)(15). Generally, "nonimmigrant aliens" are tourists, students, business travelers, and temporary workers who enter the U.S. for fixed periods of time; they are lawfully admitted aliens who are not lawful permanent residents.

[27 CFR 478.11]

As usual, the news just jumps to conclusions about the law and/or spreads misinformation because they either do not know the law or the details, or they are just too lazy to explain.

That said, this guy is probably in the USA on a non-immigrant visa, which does make it illegal to possess or buy firearms or ammo.

I would not have told her to go to a store and park without calling 911. I would not then head to there with a gun and tell her to drive away while I take care of the problem. I also have a permit and would not tell the first LEO I just bought the gun from "some guy" but then that's just me.
He no doubt made a plethora of questionable decisions over the course of that incident.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top