JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Two parts to this thread.

Part one: me and my firearm.
I have a Washington CPL, nothing for Oregon.

The transport laws are weird. So I'm asking the internet of NOT LAWYERS if I am missing something. From what I have read, the easiest legal thing for me is to place my unloaded pistol in secure storage in a way that I cannot easily get to, do I have that right in the simplest terms? Same thing if I wanted to take a 12 gauge/AR as a companion?

Part two: trying to be a nice guy
Does anyone need stuff picked up/dropped off along I5? I plan to leave tacoma mid day on Friday, and get to Grant's Pass Friday evening. I have events going during the day on Saturday but will be returning to Tacoma Saturday night. If sender/receiver and I can work something out together I am happy to transport items that an NON FFL can legally transport.

As for driving through OR, yes, no loaded firearms, not even a loaded mag with the gun. Main thing is if for some reason you are stopped, and the gun is in "storage", do not feel you need to tell the Officer you have it. If you are not doing something to get them searching your vehicle then it will never be a problem.

do not feel you need to tell the Officer you have it.
1654602023087.png

As for driving through OR, yes, no loaded firearms, not even a loaded mag with the gun. Main thing is if for some reason you are stopped, and the gun is in "storage", do not feel you need to tell the Officer you have it. If you are not doing something to get them searching your vehicle then it will never be a problem.
Since when? Last time I looked, only the cities of Portland, Beaverton, Tigard, Oregon City, Salem and Independence, plus the entirety of Multnomah County, prohibit open carry of loaded firearms, other than that a loaded gun on your dashboard (or elsewhere in plain sight) is legal in the state of Oregon.

Since when? Last time I looked, only the cities of Portland, Beaverton, Tigard, Oregon City, Salem and Independence, plus the entirety of Multnomah County, prohibit open carry of loaded firearms, other than that a loaded gun on your dashboard (or elsewhere in plain sight) is legal in the state of Oregon.
My mistake. When he said he was heading down I5 I thought that was taking him through Multnomah County. Have not been down into OR for a while. OP I guess you can keep your guns loaded and up front with you then. :s0092:

Never understood how municipalities could change state law for open carry.

Never understood how municipalities could change state law for open carry.
Sadly it depends on "which laws" you are trying to deal with. Many times what a "law" says means nothing. Its just paper with words on it. Black robes decide what can be done. Some local place can make up new laws, they may violate state or even Fed law but, if its against guns? Many black robes will let them fly. Then its up to others to pay to get other black robes to go against it.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top