JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Hearing Tuesday on suicide prevention bill supported by gun groups

The Washington state House Judiciary Committee will hold a hearing on an ambitious measure aimed at suicide prevention that not only has bipartisan sponsorship, but also the support of gun rights groups.

<broken link removed>

Well, I'm cautiously optimistic about this approach. I hope it goes well. And, I hope it helps to set a precedent around the country that we don't have to attack gun owners and gun ownership over the issue of suicide. I'll be watching this to see what actually happens.

Something that looks benign at first will most always turn, and bite you in the arse later.
NRA and Gotlieb are and have been on the Compromise aisle for a while now.
NRA wanted to support the Mental health bill not up for vote, which has been titled by some the family anti gun snitch bill, at least that's how I see it. Because it is tailored after California's snitch bill. I don't trust it. Because it's mirrored after the Bill that while it says it's not forcing you to store your firearms, it still punishes you, so why the law then if it's not forcing you to store by their standards? Plus isn't there already a way to punish a parent or someone who doesn't store their firearm in a manner as to keep it out of a child's hands? So no I don't like this even if it starts out benign.

suicide prevention bill.... I dont like the idea of the nra teaming up with the pharmacies, I think its a mistake .....they are the enemy!
I believe its the medical machine that needs to take responsibility !!!
maybe its just me but when a kid whines to their therapist:rolleyes: "no one likes me" they should tell that kid to seek out other weirdos like themselves and try to fit in! instead of putting them on psychotropic drugs that are known to cause suicidal thoughts & merely exacerbate their depression and anxieties.

Far to many "pharmacologist pushers"... half the damned drugs that are prescribed today have the warning "may cause depression or suicidal thoughts", yet they are dispensed like candy!! free samples in most every office, just to keep those monthly office visits going.
TV ads bombarding the public suggesting we ask our doctors if this maybe the right drug for you......some are blatantly advertising to the druggies crowd. they warn! "this drug may cause dependency issues for those with drug problems" WTF? are they not just telling the druggies ...your going to like these?

...the VAST majority of the shooters have been on prescribed psychotropic drugs....can the medical industry not admit this isnt working ...NO they will cite just how many people are happy now that they dont feel so self conscious about their height, hair, nose..... jeesh Americans want a pill for everything with the way we are being programed...weve been raised in bullstien, it started soon as we were old enough to understand verbage...this is America you can be anything you want to be...you can be president, CEO, Famous actors, astronauts etc etc
so the millenium crowd is very unhappy they didnt grow up to be president or first family on mars, their education that put them so deep in debt has done nothing for them, there are no jobs or the ones they have are certainly not what they grew up thinking would be their lives and maybe not even going to pay off that education debt....have no fear the Pharmacies have the answer to your anxiety!!!
With the greatest majority of gun related deaths being suicidal... the medical & drug industry NEEDS TO BE PUT ON NOTICE
it should be the root of our campaign.... not getting in bed with us, they are the root cause of all the heat we law abiding gun owners are getting over gun related deaths...at the very same time they want your dollars for drugs they havent long term tested & know will harm us ....some of us are considered disposable!

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Oregon Arms Collectors March Gun Show
Portland, OR
Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR