Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Gun Consignment?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by SCannon, Sep 13, 2012.

1. SCannon

SCannon Battle Ground, WA Active Member

Does anyone know of gun shops in the area do consignment sales? I’m a gun rich in AR’s right now and would like to convert to some cash in the next 2 months.

2. coop44

coop44 Tacoma ,WA Well-Known Member

It ought to be easy to sell it in the "united states" :bluelaugh:

mjbskwim and (deleted member) like this.
  3. SCannon

'It' would be nice, I have 4 new ones and 1 used Pistol, besides the ones I want to keep.

4. Truenorth

Truenorth Pacific Northwet Active Member

State, county or city might be helpful with regard to gun shops that do consignment in your area.

5. SCannon

Should have included that in my original post, but I'm in Battle Ground WA, across the river from Portland.

6. jonn5335

jonn5335 Longview Active Member

You could post them in the classifieds. The gun shops around my area charge 15-20%

7. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

BUT if you do place ads,change your location to Battle ground,cause I don't bother looking at the ads that don't have location.
    It helps us determine if it's worth contacting you.A good deal isn't if it's half way across the state.

And if you consign,it's gunna cost you the 20-30% stated above. So either you don't make what they are worth,or you price them higher (which the folks up here do) and never sell them.

Maybe you can get a break for a few guns?

8. ogre

ogre Vancouver, WA Well-Known Member

I placed a rifle (double 45-70) on consignment in a gun shop in Silverdale a number of years ago. I was somewhat surprised that it didn't sell immediately. After three weeks went by I paid a visit to the shop but didn't see my rifle.

Guess what?

It had sold the day after I had placed it on consignment but the shop did not call or send an email, per our agreement, to notify me. As I recall I was pretty ticked off.

9. Spitpatch

Spitpatch Forest Grove, Oregon Well-Known Member

One concern I would settle before leaving a gun at a (new, unfamiliar, untried) gunshop would be their practices toward allowing the customer to handle the gun. Perhaps with AR-type guns this may be less of a concern, but even in that situation I would not want my consigned gun to be out on the "public rack" for anyone to touch (cycle, bang, ding, drop, drool upon) without close supervision of shop personnel.

10. df662

df662 Hillsboro, OR Active Member

Why pay someone to sell a gun for you when you can easily post it for sale online yourself and get more of a exposure than having it in a gun shop (and more money). There is many national gun forums you can post the item for sale. Shipping a firearm is not hard... all you need is a copy of a receiving dealers ffl...