JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Once again people it pays to make sure how things work BEFORE you start. I checked at my range a while back about letting them sell some stuff for me. One of the things they said is if I later decided to take the gun back I had to go through the BGC just like I was buying the gun. So one more time people. Want to use an FFL for a transfer, or to sell for you, or anything else the time to find out how it all works is BEFORE you get started. Not after. :s0092:

Doh! Nevermind.
Man a LOT of people either don't "know" this or they just do not even think about it when they take a gun to a shop to sell for them. Just as with transfers a LOT of people go in and get something started, then later decide to find out the hard way how it all works. This is why we see the threads here of someone angry at some FFL because they got some deal going, decide they don't want to continue for some reason, then find out how the laws and policies work. Of course many are then angry. The one this is going to be "fun with" is pawn. How many people will pawn a gun, then find out to get it back is no longer just pay the money and walk out. Will not hurt the pawn shop much since if the owner can't or will not jump through the hoops the pawn shop just keeps the gun.

Man a LOT of people either don't "know" this or they just do not even think about it when they take a gun to a shop to sell for them. Just as with transfers a LOT of people go in and get something started, then later decide to find out the hard way how it all works. This is why we see the threads here of someone angry at some FFL because they got some deal going, decide they don't want to continue for some reason, then find out how the laws and policies work. Of course many are then angry. The one this is going to be "fun with" is pawn. How many people will pawn a gun, then find out to get it back is no longer just pay the money and walk out. Will not hurt the pawn shop much since if the owner can't or will not jump through the hoops the pawn shop just keeps the gun.
I had to do it one time when a rifle I placed on consignment didn't sell. That was back when background checks were same day. Sunset Firearms quit taking consignments recently and I think it is related to uncertainty around Measure 114.

A gunsmith might be able to leave your price tag on a rifle that you brought in for a cleaning. If another customer saw it and wanted to buy it he could move it to his A&D book and sell it for you. Not sure of the rules around moving firearm from one book to the other.

I had to do it one time when a rifle I placed on consignment didn't sell. That was back when background checks were same day. Sunset Firearms quit taking consignments recently and I think it is related to uncertainty around Measure 114.

A gunsmith might be able to leave your price tag on a rifle that you brought in for a cleaning. If another customer saw it and wanted to buy it he could move it to his A&D book and sell it for you. Not sure of the rules around moving firearm from one book to the other.
Again not an FFL but, "think" if they keep the gun more than that day it goes in their bound book. Don't know if they keep multiple sets of bound books. Sure one of the FFL's here could give an answer on that.

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top