JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Has anyone ever thought of doing this or successfully done it within the gun community?

If people want to get rid of their guns for whatever crazy reason, what's stopping the gun community or the NRA from organizing our own buy-backs? Thoughts? What's the legality of doing something like that?

sounds more like a gun show

True. But with the intention of saving firearms that would otherwise be destroyed. I guess that's really the only difference between a buy-back and gun show? I dunno. I just wondered why the gun community hasn't thought of stepping in to change the outcome.

Not sure what the ultimate result would be?

How would this work?

If you or a group of people want to buy guns then somehow redistribute/sale them, then in essence you would be a business and would need your FFL. That's just my guess.

Not sure what the ultimate result would be?

How would this work?

If you or a group of people want to buy guns then somehow redistribute/sale them, then in essence you would be a business and would need your FFL. That's just my guess.

Yeah, I could see that possibly being the case. I'm not sure about the details or how it could be done effectively. That's why I' m asking. :)

Hi All,
I think you only need a FFL when you are making money on the guns you buy and then sell. But you would have to make most of your income. But if you buy a gun that need something done to it. You fix it and then sell it thats OK.

I think a lot of the mainstream gun shops do a poor job connecting with the occasional widow who has hubbie's old shotgun in the closet. There are a lot of people out there who don't really want or use guns and these are the same ones likely to have them poorly secured or unsafely handled. A pro-gun activity to flush these out, even to just get them into the hands of a pawn shop, would be good for shooters and good for society. Ditto for 50 year old ammo that's been sitting in someone's sock drawer. Some people are afraid to just throw the stuff away, and it might work fine for plinking.

Has anyone ever thought of doing this or successfully done it within the gun community?

If people want to get rid of their guns for whatever crazy reason, what's stopping the gun community or the NRA from organizing our own buy-backs? Thoughts? What's the legality of doing something like that?

I don't know what the legaility would be with this idea, with the right licenses. My thought about it would be why would pro gun people want to put themselves into the same category as the anti gun enthusiasts? If they would like to sell a gun that they own there are legal ways to do so, without sending a message to the general public that gun community or NRA is willing to take and or disarm citizens for penny's on the dollar.

Upcoming Events

Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top