JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Seriously considering an ultrasonic cleaner…and wishing a gun company would come out with one that's long enough to fit a barrel but still short so as to be cheaper.

I do use the ultra-sonic works well with the Mk series Rugers and all that pesky carbon from shooting suppressed. It also makes cleaning the suppressor a breeze plus it makes it smell great . I just fill it with this from the dollar store the apple smells good as well . main-qimg-bc285b2e41238e8dce40c55c7a38f852.png

Last Edited:
Seriously considering an ultrasonic cleaner…and wishing a gun company would come out with one that's long enough to fit a barrel but still short so as to be cheaper.
All the gun ones are garbage. You want a good ultrasonic cleaner, look at the industry ones.

I do. I love the smell of Hoppes in the morning. It smells like... my garage.
I don't even go that far. WD-40 and a quick patch or two. That's it. 24 years owning guns and I've not had one fail due to being dirty yet.

More I think about it, I've had so few failures in general that I can't even remember any at the moment. A random FTF and a couple FTEs of course but it's been a while. .22lr notwithstanding.

All the gun ones are garbage. You want a good ultrasonic cleaner, look at the industry ones.

Yea, read that across forums and reviews. Problem is, I can't seem to find a unit that fits the dimensions that I want. They seem to get larger in both width and depth at the same time...so by the time you get 24" long, you're looking at a floor unit for $$$. Perfect size for a hobbyist gun owner, IMO, would be wide enough to handle a barrel but only have enough length and depth to do 2 AR's worth of parts at a time...and sell for less than a grand.

Hey, maybe there's a market opportunity here.

Sharing my lived experience and you're literally doing harm to me with your posts! :D

But really I think I've only had one 'fail' due to not cleaning. A revolver cylinder so gunked up (reloads) it wouldn't spin.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR
Arms Collectors of Southwest Washington (ACSWW) gun show
Battle Ground, WA

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top