JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
for tomorrow SB 913 before the Senate judiciary Committee to outlaw new and old ivory. OFF reports that the proponents want to save the elephants [as an aside it is know that ISIS is slaughtering elephants; it my be delusional to think that Oregon Legislation will have any impact]. [email protected] is the contact person on this bill.

This Wednesday SB 525 is said to be an effort to ban guns to persons involved in an expanded domestic violence misdemeanor definition and any alleged crime where the use of physical force is an element of the crime. Laura Handzel is the Committee Administrator and contact person. Her contact info: [email protected]

Please distribute this notice to all interested parties for their assistance. Thanks tkdguy

SB525 includes "family or household member" when it should read family AND household member. This is going to be abused as leverage in divorces and probate disputes. Heck who hasn't had a bad roommate?

"Or"

So you can boot somebody then they get pissed and retaliate.

Sounds legit....

Not.

Makes me not want to have some people stay at our house then. They could be labeled "as" as household member.

In case anyone wuld like to repeat the email to all senate judiciary committee members, here are the links to their pages with email addresses:
Member President Pro Tempore Ginny Burdick
Member Senator Sara Gelser
Vice-Chair Senator Jeff Kruse
Chair Senator Floyd Prozanski
Member Senator Kim Thatcher

For Jeff Kruse and Kim Thatcher, I always include a thank you for their vigilance and hard work for what they do for the people of Oregon.

In case some of you haven't been doing it, sign up for your reps newsletters. It also helps to sign up for a few extra to get a balanced view. Jeff Kruse does a great job of explaining what's going on in the senate in his weekly summary.

For what it's worth, if you call Burdicks' office regarding SB525, be prepared to get a face full from the operator. They are well prepared for opposition and are adamant that firearm confiscation will come from a judge after due process, and is the expected outcome. Their purpose is to discredit anyone that opposes them on any level.

For what it's worth, if you call Burdicks' office regarding SB525, be prepared to get a face full from the operator. They are well prepared for opposition and are adamant that firearm confiscation will come from a judge after due process, and is the expected outcome. Their purpose is to discredit anyone that opposes them on any level.

"Talking to" is not what you do with your enemy.................

Has anyone seen any opinion from the ACLU on these laws?
I know who they are, but sometimes they surprise. 2013 they initially came out against the federal UBC for awhile.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top