Quantcast
  1. Sign up now and join over 35,000 northwest gun owners. It's quick, easy, and 100% free!

Gun Belts!?

Discussion in 'General Firearm Discussion' started by VW_Factor, Jan 3, 2012.

1. VW_Factor

VW_Factor Woodburn Oregon Active Member

Looking for a new "gun belt".

My first actually came from a dept. store. Its lasted about a year, but has worn out.

What exactly should I look for in a gun belt? Soft leather, or stiffer leather? Where should I be shopping?

2. Nwcid

Nwcid Yakima and N of Spokane Well-Known Member

Usually thick and reasonably stiff.

I personally wear a riggers belt, riggers belt - Google Search the majority of the time since on one sees my belt.

3. rufus

rufus State of Jefferson Well-Known Member

fd15k and (deleted member) like this.
  4. mattg521

mattg521 portland.,or Member

I got my belt at Ted Blocker Holsters in Tigard. Much better than carrying with a "regular belt". www.tedblockerholster.com 503-670-7972

5. kenf729

kenf729 Forest Grove Oregon Member

Nothing fancy but this is the one I've been using for the past year... Still pretty stiff, works great for inside or outside the waistband. The price isnt to bad either...

Cabela's: Cabela's Double Duty Belt

6. pioneer461

pioneer461 Columbia County, Oregon Active Member

Good quality stiff leather, or nylon. Google "tactical gun belts" and you will be presented with thousands. My every day gun belt, especially for work, is leather, but I also own a "5.11" nylon belt that I got through NRA with their logo. Either way, it is important to have a good foundation for your holster.

Good luck.

7. bulzeye

bulzeye scappoose Member

i've got a blackhawk instructors belt. the nice thing about it is it has a strip of kydex in it where you holster would sit.

wyojeeper and (deleted member) like this.
  8. Abiqua

Abiqua Oregon Active Member

9. Guilty

Guilty Salem, Oregon Active Member

I have several gun belts fom The Belt Man that I am very satisfied with. They are extremely well made and have several styles and colors to choose from.

10. madmax

madmax woodburn Active Member

comp-tac belt FTW

11. SteelyDan

SteelyDan Junction City Active Member

Carhartt belt. Thick and comfortable....like me!

12. Swedish K

Swedish K SW Washington Moderator Staff Member

And I was expecting a discussion about cloth vs disintegrating link machine gun belts...

13. geometro

geometro PDX Active Member

+1 on the wilderness tactical instructor belt.

14. oregonty

oregonty Salem, OR Active Member

I purchased a gun belt about a yr. ago. and I can not believe that I did not own one before that. To answer your question you should definitely go with stiff leather.

A gun belt provides proper support for your pistol and should prevent pistol sag. A true gun belt is one that was designed for the specific purpose of supporting the extra gear / weight. A good gun belt wont stretch and wont wear out quickly. It also prevents rolling over under the weight. The purchase of my first gun belt was quite the education process. I can go on and on about all the reasons why you should get a good quality one. I can provide the link to the company that I purchased mine through. These belts are made to your specifications. Gun Belts by The Belt Man | tel. (919) 387-1997 | ABOUT OUR BELTS. The exact belt that I chose to go with is located here. Gun Belts by The Belt Man | tel. (919) 387-1997 | DUAL-LAYER BULL HIDE BELTS

Good luck. There are also many other good quality belts out there. I only have experience with this one. I can say that I cant imagine that much could be improved upon though. This belt has not stretched one bit and looks as good as the day I purchased it. I wear this belt every day. Its amazing.

SquackDaddy and (deleted member) like this.
  15. t.huynh

t.huynh vancouver, wa Active Member

My cheap 5.11 tactical leather belt is about 2x stiffer than the crossbreed belt I just ordered.

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Tapatalk

16. mjbskwim

mjbskwim Salmon,Idaho Well-Known Member

I just went to LEEDs in Tacoma and bought a heavy copper's belt Nice looking but very stiff.Holds the holster nice 'n tight.
    (don't remember the brand,sorry)

Law Enforcement Equipment Distributors.So a Cop supply store.

17. darkminstrel

darkminstrel PDX Well-Known Member

I also use a rigger's belt. Got mine 3 years ago and it's still strong.

18. NCW Ray

NCW Ray Sunny Eastern Washington Active Member

I bought a Looper Reinforced Holster Belt back in Aug/11 and am really happy with it, it's nice looking, carries my M&P40c nicely, and is reasonably priced.

19. greydog111

greydog111 peoples repubilik of Oregon Active Member

+1. Blocker is the shizzle!

20. Grommit327

Grommit327 Buckley Active Member

I got tired of my Filson belt staining all my pants when it got wet so I switched to a wilderness. Awesome belt at a decent price

Original Instructor Belt