JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
A HUGE turnout of guests had immense fun at our monthly club guest day - alternating Saturdays/Sundays so that everybody gets a chance to 'bring a friend' or co-worker - even a relative.

It's very heartening to see people who may have had previously-held, but erroneous, ideas about what goes on at a gun club, what we actually DO and what we do it WITH. I got through almost forty rounds of .45-70 Govt and forty-eight .44cal ball, and let the rich people share their high-fallutin' stuff over on the other two ranges. Every time I wandered over to acquire another possibly-interested would-be shooter, the place was packed out with people of all ages having a great time.

No doubt some of them will have been persuaded that shooting might just be the sport that they are looking for, and are willing to give it a try. TBH, I didn't see anybody without a smile on their face the whole of the day. One man, who had never shot any kind of big-bore rifle, was entranced by the .45-70 Govt full-power load, and although it nearly knocked him AOT, his grin almost split his face in half.

One thing though, which causes me a little concern, is the lack of any kind of proper clothing worn by most younger people. The vast majority arrive a shooting range dressed in nothing more upper-body wear than a light T-shirt or flimsy jacket-top of some kind - totally unsuitable for shooting any kind of a rifle other than a .22RF. Luckily, I foresee this, having learned the hard way a few years back when a weedy yoof got a serious bruise from a pal's .300 Win Mag, and couldn't shoot anything else or the rest of day. As a result I now usually have a couple of fleeces in the trunk of whichever car I'm using on the day. Luckily, he had his cellphone with him so he could sit down quietly behind the line and exercise his thumbs doing whatever it is they all seem to do these days that passes for activity.

Thanks to all the crew at the club!

tac

Last Edited:
It could have been worse...

2AD7FF7A-97BB-475F-9A02-501B875490A6.jpeg

Awesome job! Congrats to you and the club for helping to bring more into the fold of shooting sports.

Not sure about that flimsy t-shirt thing though...in about a month I'll be shooting everything dresses like that! Lol

Awesome job! Congrats to you and the club for helping to bring more into the fold of shooting sports.

Not sure about that flimsy t-shirt thing though...in about a month I'll be shooting everything dresses like that! Lol

Yes, that's all fine and dandy if you are a strapping hunk like moi, but not if you weigh 85 pounds wet, with shoulders like a Coke bottle.

tac

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads