JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
image.jpg Being at a red light in Eugene and seeing this out my driverside window.....

mobile web. If you run a web site, you really must have a mobile version for your customers. Shame on those of you who don't.

If you don't know what to do, hire someone - the $2k is good investment.

What do mobile users need?
Address -
Phone - clickable
Messaging/txt
Picture of your place
Hours of Operation

mobile web. If you run a web site, you really must have a mobile version for your customers. Shame on those of you who don't.

If you don't know what to do, hire someone - the $2k is good investment.

What do mobile users need?
Address -
Phone - clickable
Messaging/txt
Picture of your place
Hours of Operation

I'm always amazed at how businesses that operate predominantly from a storefront regularly fail to put their address and hours in an easy to find location on their website.

It's this verbal habit, or tic, that the president has. It seems like nobody has noticed this, and even his staff have adopted it, too, in much the same way the Bush staff all stared mispronouncing nu-cle-ar as nuke-you-lar.

So my apologies if you never noticed this before and now that I'm pointing it out here, it starts bugging you, too. Here is how it goes.

It's inserting an UH (but pronounced more like "UH-K") in long sentences. For example, I'll just make something up.

"Mr. President, what will be your response to the airliner being shot down today?"

"Bob, we'll need to UHK, get back in touch with Malaysian Prime Minister Najib, then I'll UHK bring in secretary Kerry before UHK sending our own NTSB investigators to UHK examine all aspects of the tragedy.

Excruciating. Even the new press secretary does it. None of the comics who do impressions of the president use the UHK, and to me it's a signature aspect of his speech patterns. o_O

Walking into a LGS only to be ignored while the guys behind the counter chat with their buddies on either side. That and getting help but getting the distinct impression that you're wasting their time. I've walked away from a number of sales due to these attitudes. I guess they didn't really want my business. And I'm a nice guy too! :(

Walking into a LGS only to be ignored while the guys behind the counter chat with their buddies on either side. That and getting help but getting the distinct impression that you're wasting their time. I've walked away from a number of sales due to these attitudes. I guess they didn't really want my business. And I'm a nice guy too! :(

Didn't happen to be in the Eugene area did it etrain?

Nope, Portland area. I've had it happen in a few stores unfortunately. Thankfully I know where to go for better service.

Alright just checkin' cuz I also had a less than pleasant experience in my area on the same day, thought it could've been the same baffoons... Sad this behavior is common in the firearm industry and in LGS. I would always rather give my money to a good Ma & Pop shop over a Big Box any day, but they're gettin' harder to find...

Last Edited:

Upcoming Events

Lakeview Spring Gun Show
Lakeview, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR
Falcon Gun Show - Classic Gun & Knife Show
Stanwood, WA
Wes Knodel Gun & Knife Show - Albany
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads