JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Got home from work today and there was a package on my doorstep. It was for a house 2 blocks over with the same address number but on a different street.

Humans...... what are we to do!

I feel you @Lazyfaire I have a scope I ordered off Dvor aka Optics Planet something like two weeks ago. Still waiting for it.
Bought my new PST from Euro-Optics and it took them most of 2 weeks.
My gripe tho was just a general one though. The operations of these companies will never rival Amazon at this rate. Make the sale and get the product OUT THE DOOR!!
Got home from work today and there was a package on my doorstep. It was for a house 2 blocks over with the same address number but on a different street.

What did they? Anything in your size?

Just teasing you. Would want someone to do it for me. Makes one wonder how they can be 2 streets off.

Place Wife and I used to live this went on for a couple years. USPS kept leaving our stuff one street over from us with the same numbers, totally different name. Once we figured it out we took to going over to look when something did not show up as for a long time the house was empty. One day Wife found package and caught the guy delivering. He could not speak English well. When she showed him the package he had left at the wrong house he wanted to take it from her. 3d time she explained what she was trying to tell him he said something like everyone was mad at him and it wasn't his fault. He sure got that part of the language down pat fast. He was I found later one of the contract emloyee's they use. I am sure often when stuff was left there it was one of them. Could not understand why always that house. Street names were nothing alike.

Makes total sense o_O

LOL, when we had that "great winter storm of the century" here few months back it was interesting. UPS came to a standstill. Guess 5 inches of snow is too much. I had several packages in the pipe line by the time it was over. Would watch them every day. "Out for delivery" in the AM. Then that night it would be "Package delayed due to weather". This would repeat every day for a week. Damn things were in Fife. I was tempted to call and ask, could I just come and get them? 2 of the packaged ended up lost during this little shuffle. Just stopped showing up on the tracking. I would see UPS trucks drive by my house every day, but then my package would end up showing delayed again. The ones that just vanished from tracking Amazon replaced by sending them next day USPS. :)

LOL, yep I was laughing about the mess after the great storm. It just royally pissed me off that I was not getting my stuff. After it was over I did have to laugh at how spoiled I have become with the fast delivery.
I agree but I could never understand why, say you order something out of Maryland. There is flooding all over the northern Midwest and there are fires out in WY and MT. Why don't they send it via the southern route? Or fly it over everything? In the beer business (pre-container shipping) they used to ship kegs/cases via train car. Invariably in the winter months some would miss their connections and be stranded on a siding only to freeze and burst. You'd think some people would be a touch smarter, instead of just 'touched'.

Had a UPS manager come out to retrieve this one from the ditch, aka delivered to address post. Two hours later it would have been there till the spring thaw.
ups2.jpg
Hate the drivers that want a rural route so they don't have to make as many stops then won't chain up and do the job their company contracts to do. The ridiculous part is the UPS office parking lot is more treturus than my driveway.

Just be lucky they didn't send via SmartPost. Talk about torture. I track packages that eventually wind up in Troutdale where they sit for a couple of days, then go up to Federal Way for a couple of days before they will make
It back down to Beaverton. Sad that somebody actually got paid to come up with that plan.
Truth to that statement!!!

I ordered a package a few months ago.
From Texas .
It went to California to Idaho to Spokane to Seattle back to Spokane then to Anacortes then back to Everett then back to Anacortes .
Somebody is not doing there job right.
Lol

First world problems, lol. Yes this definitely annoying when it comes down to how shipping has evolved into the logistical physics of the Three Stooges. However, I'm still grateful that we live in a country on this planet where we can put a stamp on an envelope drop it in a magic blue box and it appears on the other side of the country in a few days (usually). :rolleyes:

I agree but I could never understand why, say you order something out of Maryland. There is flooding all over the northern Midwest and there are fires out in WY and MT. Why don't they send it via the southern route? Or fly it over everything? In the beer business (pre-container shipping) they used to ship kegs/cases via train car. Invariably in the winter months some would miss their connections and be stranded on a siding only to freeze and burst. You'd think some people would be a touch smarter, instead of just 'touched'.

LOL, yep modern tech has programs for everything to make it run better. Most of the "problems" are I have little doubt, where humans get involved and make choices :)

I got a package delivered by usps day before yesterday.

It was too big to fit in the mailbox, so they left it propped up against my RFD mailbox post - outside my unlocked gate.

Better than a notice to have to go to the post office to pick it up...I guess.

However, out here in the country we do a lot of shooting. Gunshots mostly heard on week-ends, but some folks shoot a couple of times during the week too. Generally, shooting sessions last an hour sometimes two. We have no burglaries or porch pirates so far and we lived in this area for 14 years with nary a crime of any kind that I'm aware of and I'm pretty well informed about the neighborhood.

A few weeks ago we had what looked like some suspicious characters at neighbors house. Turns out they were not criminals.

One time usps left a package with an Uzi outside my gunshop door:eek:

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads