JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
My gripe of the day are those new hwy traffic travel time reader boards that were installed above I-84 and I-5.
Not once were they correct, and the other day I was stuck in traffic for over an hour, but the reader board in front of me stated that my travel time to reach I-5 was only 9 minutes.
What a waste of tax payers money.

Gotta add a couple to this list:

People that say "you Know" constantly
I was you know driving down the road you know when a dude you know flipped me off

Or people that use F#@&ing after every other word
Then he f#@&ing stubbed his f#@&ing toe on a F#@&ing rock

Oh man, that's like the worst, you know? Fudging idiots lol

I will start using those if I'm around someone that does that a lot - my wife points it out and I have to slap myself (figuratively).

I'm on a driving kick lately.

People that drive slowly in the left lane because "no one should be driving faster then me"...

Merging... Come'on people! Get over or slow down/speed up!!

Looky-loo's.

No signals.

No headlights! It doesn't cost more gas to run those things; turn them on...

::rant over::

Lol I feel better now.

Prius (Prii?) drivers in general. We have a game at work - count the number of silver or dark gray Prius' driving without headlights at dusk or full on dark. There's a LOT of them. Do they think they've saving their precious electricity? It amazes me that there are not dozens of wrecks every day caused by these goobers.

1. People who talk about that new funny insurance commerical or about some stupid bubblegum the pop star of the week did, only to look at me like I'm an ignorant bumpkin when I explain I haven't seen any of it as I don't even have basic cable.
2. People who think that they are intellectually superior because they don't watch television.
3. Guys who use any type of hair product besides a comb
4. This-http:// <broken link removed>

1. People who talk about that new funny insurance commerical or about some stupid bubblegum the pop star of the week did, only to look at me like I'm an ignorant bumpkin when I explain I haven't seen any of it as I don't even have basic cable.
2. People who think that they are intellectually superior because they don't watch television.
3. Guys who use any type of hair product besides a comb
4. This-http:// <broken link removed>

I tend to admire that, and am somewhat envious of a person that watches very little or no television. Unless they spend their time doing strange things to small animals in the shed behind the house, of course.

Me? I go nuts without TV.

Last Edited:
My gripe of the day are those new hwy traffic travel time reader boards that were installed above I-84 and I-5.
Not once were they correct, and the other day I was stuck in traffic for over an hour, but the reader board in front of me stated that my travel time to reach I-5 was only 9 minutes.
What a waste of tax payers money.
My gripe is those "traffic calming" devices.. circles, long "center barriers" etc. complete with pretty curbs and plants..$ "ooh, lets kill a bunch a people for the fun of it while spending OPM (other people's money). Yet it's pothole city yadda.. come on

I cancelled Direct TV 2 years ago. :)

I've NEVER seen Duck Dynasty!:eek:or most of the other crap on TV.

When I want an excuse to sit on my butt, I spend more time on line, LEARNING sompun' .:cool:

My wife's professor refused to believe that we have not had cable for going on 6 years now. She could not comprehend how anyone could go with out TV...

We still watch a show on netflix occasionally (often enough to pay for it monthly), but there isn't any commercials or junk to keep us up to date on things I don't care about.

And I've never seen Duck D. either lol.

Everything I know about Duck D is from walking through Wal-Mart. LOL. They must be marketing genius, to put out that much crap.
Oh that's a gripe too. You never know when you turn the aisle if their mugs are going to be staring back at you from shirts to chips to candy to pop to sporting goods to ...

"Take a new tact", and "hone in" are being used all the time by supposedly intelligent people. I think these malapropisms were coined by sportscasters, because no intelligent person would use them. The proper wording would be, "Take a new tack", which is what a sailboat does when it changes course. I'm not even sure how one would go about taking a new "tact". "Tact" is something you use when you don't want to offend those listening to you speak. Likewise, you hone a blade when sharpening it. Or you might hone your skills. But you don't "hone in" on anything. You might home in on something if you were a heat seeking missile, but mixing the two phrases to produce "hone in" is just silly and ignorant.

My wife's professor refused to believe that we have not had cable for going on 6 years now. She could not comprehend how anyone could go with out TV...

We still watch a show on netflix occasionally (often enough to pay for it monthly), but there isn't any commercials or junk to keep us up to date on things I don't care about.

And I've never seen Duck D. either lol.

What kind of humanities class was your wife taking?

Watching tv is kinda like drinking too much, it's fantastic while you're doing it, but personally I usually regret it later.

I've never seen duck d either, however from what I understand it's a bunch of people with more educational credentials than an MSNBC panel discussion convincing the audience they're just a bunch of dumb rednecks as they laugh all the way to the bank.

Frankly, I would rather watch something about particle physics... as long as it doesn't feature micheo kaku or niel degrasse tyson. One of these days, I will tear both of them apart in a cage match, which brings me to my gripe...

I get that quantum physics isn't for everyone, but if you're nominally a scientist (frankly, I consider that debatable for many celebrity-scientists) and you take a rather complex concept, and dumb it down repeatedly until it is some trite phrase that was the plot from a 1960's era sci-fi serial episode, it has lost all meaning.

Also, whoever named the Higgs Boson the "god particle" that guy is getting a rusty screwdriver right in both kidneys.

What kind of humanities class was your wife taking?

Watching tv is kinda like drinking too much, it's fantastic while you're doing it, but personally I usually regret it later.

I've never seen duck d either, however from what I understand it's a bunch of people with more educational credentials than an MSNBC panel discussion convincing the audience they're just a bunch of dumb rednecks as they laugh all the way to the bank.

Frankly, I would rather watch something about particle physics... as long as it doesn't feature micheo kaku or niel degrasse tyson. One of these days, I will tear both of them apart in a cage match, which brings me to my gripe...

I get that quantum physics isn't for everyone, but if you're nominally a scientist (frankly, I consider that debatable for many celebrity-scientists) and you take a rather complex concept, and dumb it down repeatedly until it is some trite phrase that was the plot from a 1960's era sci-fi serial episode, it has lost all meaning.

Also, whoever named the Higgs Boson the "god particle" that guy is getting a rusty screwdriver right in both kidneys.
Oh dood, you are the gripe master. I do bow.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

Back Top