JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Ugh... with this self-destruction of the Republican Party, Hillary will be the next President for sure... I'd better stoke up...

Well, now Sanders is fighting with the Democrats, accusing the party of attempting to keep him from winning. Nothing would be better than for Sanders to do an independent run against Hillary.

Come on, let's face it, Trump, most likely will not be the GOP candidate for President. Rubio and Cruz will be the most likely GOP nominees...

The republican party will not let them be the gop nominees because they won't toe the political line. the only difference between the rep's and dem's is the color of their tie (just look at the omnibus bill). we are screwed either way so send a message and vote independent and it doesn't mater if it is even Donald duck.

****** if there is an election******

Come on, let's face it, Trump, most likely will not be the GOP candidate for President. Rubio and Cruz will be the most likely GOP nominees...
Good luck with that.

[If you're head is only in tv news, you're not grasping what is going on.
Thousands and thousands and thousands of middle America Gun Owners/2A supporters/USA defenders at event after event after event for DTrump. Never happened before in politics.
Search DTrump rally's on youtube and listen for yourself and see how abc-nbc-cbs-cnn-fox.mkelly.bbaier.cwallace.shepsmith are hiding it.]
cvjsfatwoaauoho-jpg.267295.jpg

<broken link removed>

Good luck with that.

[If you're head is only in tv news, you're not grasping what is going on.
Thousands and thousands and thousands of middle America Gun Owners/2A supporters/USA defenders at event after event after event for DTrump. Never happened before in politics.
Search DTrump rally's on youtube and listen for yourself and see how abc-nbc-cbs-cnn-fox.mkelly.bbaier.cwallace.shepsmith are hiding it.]
View attachment 268876

<broken link removed>

I think it's been long known that attendance at rallies, especially this early in the process, is hardly an accurate representation of support for any candidate - D or R, though knowing that doesn't stop both sides from making a point about their numbers. Past losers have in fact drawn some impressive numbers in rallies, only to lose in the primaries or the election. As you have cautioned people to rely on the MSM, I would caution against the false hope of rally numbers as an indication of the potential of anyone to win.

Besides that, Sanders has been drawing far larger numbers than Hillary, yet I don't hear almost anyone thinking Sanders will be the nominee.

Some people may be excited about Trump right now, but will they be there for him when the primaries start?

Here is an interesting article by a blogger that makes some interesting points about campaigns and crowd numbers - going back to the 60's: http://bobmannblog.com/2015/07/20/b...e-size-of-political-rallies-really-mean-much/

A little excerpt:

Some in the media were duly impressed by Trump's crowds on his recent western tour (he also held events in Las Vegas and Los Angeles). ABC News described the campaign events in an online story headlined, "Trump Talks Immigration to Record Crowds in Border State." The headline of MSNBC's story about Trump's weekend: "Donald Trump draws massive crowds during campaign swing."

I have bad news for Sanders, Trump, their supporters and some in the news media fixated on the numbers at candidates' rallies: The size of rallies has long been a flawed measure of a campaign's vitality. Journalists often survey an arena brimming with enthusiastic supporters and mistakenly use a head count to gauge the campaign's prospects. Candidates and their staffs are eager to bolster that faulty notion, sometimes feeding reporters exaggerated crowd estimates (there's no evidence Sanders' campaign has done that).

Such a misreading happened in 2012 when spokespeople for President Obama and GOP nominee Mitt Romney bragged about the size of their rallies and pointed to enthusiastic crowds as indications of growing support. Consider this piece in Politico less than a month before the election:

It may be his supporters, or it may be those getting a glimpse of the GOP nominee for the first time, but Mitt Romney's crowds are getting bigger in the campaign's final stretch.

Since his strong presidential debate performance last Wednesday night, Romney has seen a bump in the number of people attending his rallies, which the campaign calls a sign of new enthusiasm in the final month of the campaign.

In the past week alone, Romney's campaign says at least three of its rallies have, per the campaign's crowd counts, exceeded 10,000 people: an Oct. 4 event with country singer Trace Adkins in Fishersville, Va., which was Romney's largest event ever at 14,000 people; a rally last Sunday in Port St. Lucie, Fla., that drew 12,000; and one in Cuyahoga Falls, Ohio, that fire marshals estimated also drew 12,000. . .

"Republicans and Republican-leaning independents are more fired up about this election, and fired up about Gov. Romney," Gorka said. "The debate helped crystallize that energy and it's translating to our events."

We'll see...

But all that fancy analysis has been tossed aside as irrelevant. This has never been seen before in politics. Why do you think the GOPe is peeing down its leg?? And the so-called/self-appointed "experts" are dumbfounded??
And it has cost Trump virtually no money, yet 10 & 20 & 30 thousand people show up at rallies, and he has substantially led the polls for months now (in a crowded field of what 14?). To garner 42% out of a field of 14 is NOT just some everyday campaign occurrence. Neither Romney, McCain, Bush, Gore, hobama, sanders, hitlary are/were close.

Many of us believe he's the right guy at the right time because of leadership and experience. Because as we can see, typical pols like lying dolts Paul Ryan, McConnell and others can't run this economy. Certainly not democrats.

But we'll see what unfolds...

We'll see...

But all that fancy analysis has been tossed aside as irrelevant. This has never been seen before in politics. Why do you think the GOPe is peeing down its leg?? And the so-called/self-appointed "experts" are dumbfounded??
And it has cost Trump virtually no money, yet 10 & 20 & 30 thousand people show up at rallies, and he has substantially led the polls for months now (in a crowded field of what 14?). To garner 42% out of a field of 14 is NOT just some everyday campaign occurrence. Neither Romney, McCain, Bush, Gore, hobama, sanders, hitlary are/were close.

Many of us believe he's the right guy at the right time because of leadership and experience. Because as we can see, typical pols like lying dolts Paul Ryan, McConnell and others can't run this economy. Certainly not democrats.

But we'll see what unfolds...

I'm not holding my breath on any of them until the primaries are well underway. I've attached myself too early in the past and have always been disappointed. I think what we see 4 months or so from now will look very different than what we see today. But I agree, we'll see.

Just a bunch of neocons getting their panties in a bind.

As to "news" reporters, it's hard to think of a more disreputable occupation. OK, politics. Any other?

I notice Edward Snowden is sheltered in Russia. So much for free speech in America...

Trump is one of the few candidates that people will support even if they have some some differences with him. It is a major edge when people will vote for you despite some differences. I see it as follows

IOWA Cruz due to good organization
NH Trump (barely)
SC Trump
FL Trump (this is a winner take all primary and only a few candidates will be standing. He will spend $$$ to win FL. Bush may be gone by this time but his SUPERPAC will back someone else. maybe Rubio. By March, Trump can be nice to others once he has culled the herd.

Last Edited:
That news dolts even try to make this a big deal demonstrates their ignorance and pettiness yet again.
Yet they remain silent on hobama's numerous failures - including hobama's CIA effing around in Ukraine. What do you expect Putin to do?? How would America act if Russia instigated a coup in Canada next door to D.C.?
hobama's failure at relationships and statesmanship - from Congress to world Leaders - and his attempt to tightly encircle Russia via NATO has pissed the Bear off. And hobama is such a failure at leadership, Putin has whipped hobama repeatedly.

CVcgM4-VEAA6Oen.png

Whereas Trump is showing mutual respect (in advance) to a worthy opponent so as to get along on the world stage. So who's the wiser leader? Who's the statesman? NOT hobama that's for sure!

In contrast, like RPaul said about CChristie's readiness to shoot Russian fighter jets down over Syria, if you think you can just squash a powerful country like Russia into a corner, you (We) will quickly be in WWIII with the Bear.

Last Edited:
I honestly don't think Russia would violate a No Fly Zone put in place by NATO. They haven't done squat to Turkey because they know Turkey was within their rights. Putin is mostly bluff and it works with Obama and smaller countries like Ukraine...
back to the R nominee....I don't think it will be Trump. When people are actually pushing a lever and then voting at the Convention I don't think he will be there. Hell yes Americans are mad...are we crazy enough to elect a Trump, doubtful, because if we were crazy there would be heavy gunfire years ago with all that has transpired in the nation.

I think and I could be wrong (as I was pretty shocked and disappointed BHO got a second term) but I think Rubio is the most electable of the current runners. Trump's mouth is writing checks his body can't cash.... He'll pull himself out after subpar showings in a half dozen primaries. I think. But I have no crystal ball and the American electorate is unpredictable these days.

Brutus Out

Are you forgetting Syria has been Russia's client state for decades?

Nope, not at all, but Assad's days are numbered and if NATO pushes Putin will back down. NATO will fall in line if America would lead. You can say the same thing about Iraq and Hussein, or Libya and Qaddafi.as long time Soviet client states....they are gone because of a strong international coalition. However, that being said no one in the Democratic party outside of Jim Webb has the willpower, the guts or the sense to call Putin's or any other country's leaders bluffs.
The current administration and its foreign policy is an unmitigated disaster.
Brutus Out

Hi everyone. Maybe this is just too simple. However as an official old guy I have seen way too much in my life. This is especially true of US politics. It appears to me [all political personalities aside] that this particular election cycle is coalescing around "who" will continue to control this country into the next century. I see this playing out as the professional political class who have made huge bucks in politics versus all the rest of us in "fly over country". We the People versus We who know what's best for you- your input be d@mned. I was told as a child in the late 50's, "anybody can be President". Perhaps that was never true but it is especially untrue today without the correct/accepted pedigree. Does the US keep going down the road headed towards monarchs and "benevolent" dictators? Does the country really want to embrace scary freedoms? I am not smart enough to know the answer to this. I myself prefer scary freedoms over a life in a symbolic jail cell where all my needs are provided and I am kept "safe" at every turn. Just an old guys thoughts. You don't have to agree. Thanks.

There's a lot of time left before the election, during which an infinity of events could occur to change things.
Personally, I'm hoping that Hitlery will engage in Spontaneous Human Combustion.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top