JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Like I've said before, not a cop-hater, but police budgets could be cut 90% and it would affect me at all. No use for them. They do nothing for me day to day. Cut out all the property tax burden; use it for roads, parks, or something that actually helps people. Make them get real jobs. Stop spending millions/billions on the fanciest cars and toys while the nation is bankrupt, in the worst financial condition of any nation on Earth.

Then of course there are all the other toys like heat rays, sound weapons, flash bangs, shields, gunshot listening devices, cameras every 100', ammo all justified via the fake WOT while all those things are really meant for US down the road when we object to our starvation.

When I see a cop tooling around in a $50k SUV or a horse (very expensive to have those in service) I have to shake my head. The printing press is being used for this nonsense while the resulting inflation will break us all. Well not 'all,' if you sign up to suppress the masses with all the 'toys' you get fed and sheltered.

I handle my own security. Never would call them short of a death incident. Maybe not even then.

Government 'services' are way overrated.

Stop spending millions/billions on the fanciest cars and toys while the nation is bankrupt, in the worst financial condition of any nation on Earth.

Then of course there are all the other toys like heat rays, sound weapons, flash bangs, shields, gunshot listening devices, cameras every 100', ammo all justified via the fake WOT while all those things are really meant for US down the road when we object to our starvation.

When I see a cop tooling around in a $50k SUV or a horse (very expensive to have those in service) I have to shake my head. The printing press is being used for this nonsense while the resulting inflation will break us all. Well not 'all,' if you sign up to suppress the masses with all the 'toys' so get fed and sheltered.

I totally A+100% agree with that!!!!!!!!!

As I state above, I am familiar with how the Oregon system works only and since the OP was posting from Oregon, I figured it was okay. Regardless, the statement I made is true, they have no record of "every" firearm you've purchased. I, can see how what I typed could be taken as incorrect by people from Washington.

Your naivete amuses me. Like how the topless pic of the hot chick never truly disappears once it hits the internet, once that 4473 data hits the internet portal for a background check, its in a database somewhere. Supposedly they're deleting the data (that includes serial #s) but we'll, I don't trust the government on this given past history and whats going on across the country lately.

Your naivete amuses me. Like how the topless pic of the hot chick never truly disappears once it hits the internet, once that 4473 data hits the internet portal for a background check, its in a database somewhere. Supposedly they're deleting the data (that includes serial #s) but we'll, I don't trust the government on this given past history and whats going on across the country lately.

I can't prove one way or another what happens to the information no a 4473, and neither can you. So, you are just as naive as I am, in fact more so, because I do now what information police can see everyday through the systems they use and there is NO WAY they can pull up that info out of some database full of 4473's. If you don't believe me, go on a ride along, go do a sit along at dispatch center or tour the LEDS facility. I've done them all. Its better to know who the system works and what information LEO's can see.

With the reaction of the Linn county and other rural Sheriffs in this state to the gun control this year, you really thing a system like that could be kept secret?

I can't prove one way or another what happens to the information no a 4473, and neither can you. So, you are just as naive as I am, in fact more so, because I do now what information police can see everyday through the systems they use and there is NO WAY they can pull up that info out of some database full of 4473's. If you don't believe me, go on a ride along, go do a sit along at dispatch center or tour the LEDS facility. I've done them all. Its better to know who the system works and what information LEO's can see.

With the reaction of the Linn county and other rural Sheriffs in this state to the gun control this year, you really thing a system like that could be kept secret?

Where did I say OR police could pull it up on the patrol car computers? My apologies for not being clearer, you are naive if you think they dont have access to that info if needed when they truly need it to confiscate guns. Read up on the David Pyles case in Medford from a few years ago. You really think the state police haven't kept serial number records from background checks? There are rumors the new US senate "bill" would let them not copy the 4473 info but could write it down. Why do the forms include spots for make/model and serial number?

Where did I say OR police could pull it up on the patrol car computers? My apologies for not being clearer, you are naive if you think they dont have access to that info if needed when they truly need it to confiscate guns. Read up on the David Pyles case in Medford from a few years ago. You really think the state police haven't kept serial number records from background checks? There are rumors the new US senate "bill" would let them not copy the 4473 info but could write it down. Why do the forms include spots for make/model and serial number?

Okay, that makes more sense then. This discussion started out with an Oregon traffic stop, so I have continued to discuss Oregon police. What occurs on a federal level, yes naivety is me.

Was it Police, Sheriff or State Patrol? It wouldn't suprise me that if it was a Stater, he could pull up every gun gun serial you ever owned.

That is funny right there. How to myths like this still exist in this age of information? Without registration there is NO way possible for this, and even then would have a LOT of errors.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top