JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Price on 5.56 and 223 is coming down fast...

I was just looking at my Brownells invoices from Feb and March of 2012 (remembering the good old days :) ), I stocked up heavily at that time on Federal (Lake City) M855 on stripper clips in 420rd ammo cans for .32 per round shipped, and .30 per round shipped for the same ammo in 500rd cases (20rd boxes)...

I believe the prices will come down to those levels again, just got to be patient.

The only thing ammo related that I purchased since then is 1000 rds of Hornady TAP 5.56 75gr BTHP T2. It was around a buck per round but that ammo was pricy even before the panic since hornady sells it to LE/military only....

I have 900 round cases of Federal ae223 on stripper clips with spoons for $499.99 at Rapid Fire Arms in sandy. Several cases just came in.

Prices have been coming down because distributors are starting to ship more out now.

I hope I'm wrong but I suspect we are seeing the new normal:

.08 for .22
.26 for 9mm
.35 for .45acp
.40 for .223
.80 for 308

I don't shoot .40 or 7.62x39 so I have no frame of reference on those.

I find it amusing when I see people remark on how ammo prices coming down fast and even that its easy to find. Ummm where? And how can I get my hands on some? I check gunbot frequently and never see anything. Even the cheapest PPR is a little pricey for my taste.

I hope I'm wrong but I suspect we are seeing the new normal:

.08 for .22
.26 for 9mm
.35 for .45acp
.40 for .223
.80 for 308

I don't shoot .40 or 7.62x39 so I have no frame of reference on those.

I don't thinks so. We went through the same thing after BHO's first election. Be patient, prices will come down to normal again.

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top