JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
The butt stock length of the original Soviet pattern AK has nothing to do with the size of the shooter. Russians are big boys sometimes. It was Soviet doctrine to place the rifle butt in the pocket of the shoulder while facing the direction of fire. Contrast that with the American style stance of turning the body at 30 or so degrees and placing it in the pocket of the shoulder. If you shoot it as it was designed to be fire you'll find the Soviet stance to be just right for the length of pull.

I find that I even shorten the pull on AR's up all the way to fire in the Soviet style stance because I spent many years shooting AK's..
It's still too short. The short stock was based on heavy winter clothing and try to shoot from the prone. They also didn't want to have it hang up when they shouldered it. However, having worked with a couple different Russian soldiers they would rather have a longer stock.

Trying to keep from having to transfer it which, I think, means it cannot leave Idaho.

Unless you are willing to travel and he can do it in one day - but that would be a hassle for you.

This is pretty much the case with anything like that; I want to have some rifles parkerized that have cheap Chinese military bluing, that I do not want to have paperwork on since they are off the books and I want them to stay that way. Since Velzney is local I can take them out there and do them while present, as long as I am there he doesn't need to put them on his books because I retain possession.

Re poor Chinese SKSs.

A bit off topic, but back when the AWB was coming, and imports were going to be restricted, the Chinese ramped up production of both AKs and SKSs by outsource some of their production to backyard mom & pop outfits that heat treated parts over open charcoal fires. We were seeing pinned barrels pounded into threaded receivers and vice versa. Stuff like that. Even what came out of the factories was rushed - I saw more than one AK with rough sharp edges that would cut you if you handled it roughly and would not take std. AK mags without some rework.

It was a hectic time for them because they were trying to get as many cheap rifles imported as they could before the ban went into place and because people were buying them faster than they could produce them.

Cross-Eyed-Surgeon.jpg
I was aiming over there. Where?

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews