JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
9a98d6f7b776a3d55dec3bdca2b4a6a7.jpg

Obviously it's "just me"....I have yet to find AK/SKS that feels like I want to carry let alone fire it. The one Chinese SKS I had was in my 'worst 5' of all time for either accuracy or reliability...just the opposite of world opinion I know.

Maybe one of these posted above would change opinion....willing to consider however sure no one local will be handing one over for field trial.

Obviously it's "just me"....I have yet to find AK/SKS that feels like I want to carry let alone fire it. The one Chinese SKS I had was in my 'worst 5' of all time for either accuracy or reliability...just the opposite of world opinion I know.

Maybe one of these posted above would change opinion....willing to consider however sure no one local will be handing one over for field trial.

This one can do a fairly impressive 5-shot group, and has a bit longer butt-stock on it that better fits us "corn fed" brutes.
IMG_1849.JPG

Just a thought, to use only one SKS to compare all sks/ak's with isn't a really fair comparison. I've got AR's and AK's, I've used both quite a bit. Accuracy wise, AK's are generally not sniper rifles. But, for a defensive type weapon, they will just about shoot no matter how filthy and abused they are. There are youtube video's showing where they have recovered ''stashes'' of hidden weapons in Africa that have been buried for a long, long time. When they were dug up, and checked the barrels for obstructions, had some oil literally dumped on them, cycled then fired, full auto, it was / is amazing to see how they function.

But, for use as a go to weapon, and being able to use them in a defensive situation, I would take the AK, at this time. Right now, I'm in the process of deciding which AR or AK to choose to have with me in my vehicle. As i see it, the AK when it gets down and dirty for me, would be the one for now. Just my humble opinion. Do a search for the video on the ak, its almost unbelievable.

to use only one SKS to compare all sks/ak's with isn't a really fair comparison.
not making comparisons, just reporting results of using a standard Chinese sniper SKS with the stock optic. The reason I bought it was for the widely touted 'reliability' etc. It was crudely built and inaccurate as hell and totally unreliable despite doing all the 'in the field' things to remedy not firing.

Some day I may try an AK if the right deal came along. No SKS for me.

not making comparisons, just reporting results of using a standard Chinese sniper SKS with the stock optic. The reason I bought it was for the widely touted 'reliability' etc. It was crudely built and inaccurate as hell and totally unreliable despite doing all the 'in the field' things to remedy not firing.

Some day I may try an AK if the right deal came along. No SKS for me.
So who tried to modify it? Or took it apart and put back together with junk stuff?

This one can do a fairly impressive 5-shot group, and has a bit longer butt-stock on it that better fits us "corn fed" brutes.
View attachment 389340

The butt stock length of the original Soviet pattern AK has nothing to do with the size of the shooter. Russians are big boys sometimes. It was Soviet doctrine to place the rifle butt in the pocket of the shoulder while facing the direction of fire. Contrast that with the American style stance of turning the body at 30 or so degrees and placing it in the pocket of the shoulder. If you shoot it as it was designed to be fire you'll find the Soviet stance to be just right for the length of pull.

I find that I even shorten the pull on AR's up all the way to fire in the Soviet style stance because I spent many years shooting AK's..

Upcoming Events

Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top