JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
Reactions
Went up Gooseneck today to do some shooting and to check on an illegal dump my brother and I came across right at the end of hunting season that I reported to BLM. There were 17 5 gallon paint buckets that were full of something and at the same spot some household garbage. The Feds cleaned up the dump site and I hope there was something in the garbage to give away the ID of who did it. So, on my way out after shooting I took a different route out. I had already filled a garbage bag full of trash left behind in several other shooting places when I came across a toilet or rather what was left of a toilet after it had been shot up. Posted on the trees directly behind where the toilet was were NO SHOOTING signs. I wished I had come across the idiots that did that. It would have made my whole year to be able to report their license number. I put on my gloves and picked up as much of the toilet as possible and was pleased to note that when I left anybody driving by would never know it had been there. On a positive note I scored a lot of brass today.

I got pictures of the illegal dump and I'll post them if I can. I've never posted any pics before but I'll give it a try. The toilet pieces are still in the back of my pickup so I can take pics of that as well. I wish that I had had the presence of mind at the time to take pictures of it out in the woods. When I saw it I got a little past pissed and just started picking it up.

I got pictures of the illegal dump and I'll post them if I can. I've never posted any pics before but I'll give it a try. The toilet pieces are still in the back of my pickup so I can take pics of that as well. I wish that I had had the presence of mind at the time to take pictures of it out in the woods. When I saw it I got a little past pissed and just started picking it up.

When I upload a pic I just take the SD card out of the camera and plug it into the tower. Click on "Upload A File" at the bottom of the reply window and there should be the choice for the card slot. Open the pic you want on the card and hit "Upload". And if you're trying to get the pic off a cell phone, well, you're on your own there!

I know there's better ways but I'm computer stoopid, that's the way I find it easiest.

Mike

Here's my attempt at posting a pic. Mike, thanks for the help.

20141124_123057.jpg

I don't think so at this time. If my memory serves me correctly there was an an organized party up there in the last year or two. The first time I had ever been up there was about four years ago and at that time I commented to my sons what a pig hole the area was. It seemed like every wide spot in the road had been used for shooting and nobody picked up anything. I hadn't been back there since July and it was noticeably cleaner. The organized effort was effective. I retired in July and have been going up regularly to shoot. It seems like in the last month or so it has gotten worse but it's mostly shotgun hulls and plastic bottles, the kind of stuff that is pretty easy to pick up. Toilets and other larger items, not so much. In my opinion if a place is reasonably clean when somebody arrives they are more likely to pick up after themselves than if it's already pigged up. If it starts to get out of hand I'll holler out.

My brother and I went out Wednesday and I agree with you it was in pretty good shape. I still maintain that garbage collects garbage and if things are kept under control and picked up it will require much less energy to keep it clean because people will be more likely to clean up as they go.

Is gooseneck still open?

I have never made it there yet and thinking about making a trip. Good for pistol, shotgun, and rifle (less than 100 yards)?

Thanks

Thanks, I will spend some time scouting before sitting down to shoot. Hopefully the brass on the ground makes it worth all the garbage I am sure I will be picking up. :)

I went up there to shoot Friday and was so POed I ran back down to the store to get some garbage bags. From the spot I normally shoot (1st spot up the road from the forestry sign) I got a 5 gallon bucket of glass,3 gallon bucket of shotgun shells, 2 lawn size garbage bags full of plastic bottles and cans plus a shotup and burned TV. Drove around to the spot I think OP may have been talking about and got another garbage bag full of bottles and cans. There's a dump off the left side of that spot but I didn't have any room ( or wind...COPD) left to clean it up. If any body wants to go get it, its the 1st spot after you turn right at the Y (just pass the forestry sign). Theres a toilet,TV and a volleyball net among other smaller things.

The gravel pile at the top of Gold Creek is closed as they're replacing culverts and their equipment is parked there.

Dang, those people. I will never understand how someone wants to shoot, have fun - then dump their filth and figure it's a good spot to do it. No one taught them not to crap where they eat or dump where they shoot, i guess.

Upcoming Events

Centralia Gun Show
Centralia, WA
Klamath Falls gun show
Klamath Falls, OR
Oregon Arms Collectors April 2024 Gun Show
Portland, OR
Albany Gun Show
Albany, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top