JavaScript is disabled
Our website requires JavaScript to function properly. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser settings before proceeding.
I'll call and report this Monday.

IMG_20160924_144420_zpszj6snyga.jpg IMG_20160924_144424_zps7znqkx5a.jpg IMG_20160924_130152_zpsxr56jcdz.jpg IMG_20160924_151420_zpsyv98acti.jpg

That's where I shoot and my wife, son and myself allways get as much as we can haul out with us.. ridiculous how much trash gets left up there

I live in monmouth and I usually do all my shooting up at Mary's peak. is this location still open for shooting? if so then I don't mind taking a pickup load of trash out with me, I do work at the landfill lol

I live in monmouth and I usually do all my shooting up at Mary's peak. is this location still open for shooting? if so then I don't mind taking a pickup load of trash out with me, I do work at the landfill lol

And you get to dump for free?? Lucky you. :s0155:

And welcome to the forum too.... :s0094:

yes it is still open, I shoot up there fairly regularly..

oh, also. someone mentioned that they ride atvs up there. is that still OK OR no?

Pretty sure that's a no no, I think it's posted also at the kiosk

no free, but really cheap, I would just add it to a load. so as far as I can tell I go in 3.1 miles then left and down and the next toad split goes to all blm?

Its a little south of Finn Rd, on the left near a post of about 6 mailboxes by a right hand curve. The start if the road is no asphalt, up to a new clear cut, little past that is a kiosk, its at a fork. Left goes up to several spurs which all dead end eventually, couple places to shoot, short distances. To the right meanders around, several more places to shoot, still all short. Road will eventually dump you down into Grand Ronde by the steel bridge. You can also make your way back East and end up on Mill Creek Rd if the gates are open.

Pretty sure that's a no no, I think it's posted also at the kiosk

Its a little south of Finn Rd, on the left near a post of about 6 mailboxes by a right hand curve. The start if the road is no asphalt, up to a new clear cut, little past that is a kiosk, its at a fork. Left goes up to several spurs which all dead end eventually, couple places to shoot, short distances. To the right meanders around, several more places to shoot, still all short. Road will eventually dump you down into Grand Ronde by the steel bridge. You can also make your way back East and end up on Mill Creek Rd if the gates are open.
I usually go right at the posting sign to the first area to shoot.. creature of habit...

Mary's Peak is still open. Normally 2 places. The first is walk in at the first pass with the parking on the left. The other places are down the Harlan turn off. 2 of the places were posted and are still pretty trashed. Out of my ignorance, where is GooseNeck?

Hi Casperfast. Since you work for Republic? hopefully you can answer my question, we are going to clean up a big pile of dumped carpet and crap hopefully on Sunday off of Camp Morrison road out of Scio. Last year my dad took a load of carpet and padding to the Lebanon transfer station and they wouldn't take it. Why and is this still true? We normally do our shooting on Mary's Peak and hunting but it was really bad in the coast range last year so looking for some new spots that we used to hunt many many years ago and that is how we found the garbage dumping up Camp Morrison. And Thank You for your help if you are cleaning up on the Peak!

I will find out about the cleanup dumping for free, and I will find out why lts didn't accept the carpet. they should have
If it would help, ask if they would consider it as a donation to a non-profit organization who promotes responsibility in recreational shooting on public land. Rem is a strong supporter of Trash No Land and works with Forest officials in that area. He represents responsible shooters.

Let me know if they need our organization info, like an EIN number and contact info.

Thanks, Casper!

That would be awesome since the wife and I are starting to pick up or at least comunicate the shooting trash or dump sites in the coast range and cascade foothills in the Albany area. My garbage can isnt always big enough. :) thank you

Upcoming Events

Tillamook Gun & Knife Show
Tillamook, OR
"The Original" Kalispell Gun Show
Kalispell, MT
Teen Rifle 1 Class
Springfield, OR
Kids Firearm Safety 2 Class
Springfield, OR

New Resource Reviews

New Classified Ads

Back Top